Well I don't consider the header issue a big deal. There are some OOTB ones available and if you are doing a low deck there is no issue at all. I prefer to look at potential of a given part rather than ease of use or ultimate cost. Lord knows I am not an Indy fan per se but have used their stuff for sure.

I have not looked at seen or touched an SR head in a long time, so cost is not something I have looked at either. To me the potential would be the ultimate factor. Even if building a tall deck for an A body, can get headers made anywhere, and they will be superior to anything from a box. I have not done anything other than look at a TF head. Will see soon though as a friend who is an engine builder in Canada I think might be using them in an upcoming build. Be interesting to see what he manages to get from them. I understand the appeal of "budget friendly" heads that can just be bolted on using existing pieces as well. Budget is always a concern on some level.

Just don't hear much about the SR heads anymore. I had a set back in 2000 that we used on my 65 Belvedere. Just a little 451 pump gas deal in a street car. Std port window M1 intake small solid tappet cam, zero maintenance ice cream fetcher. Used to drive it to the track and when I moved to San Antonio it was my daily driver as well. It ran 10.50's that way at 3600+ lbs. on pump swill. Was a 47 mile one way trip to San Antonio raceway for me. Had a lot of fun with it for sure. First time I took it to Sonoma Raceway when I got back to California I ended up selling it as a nice gentleman was not letting me go home with it smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"