I have a 2013 5.7 out of a 21k mile Charger which has a snapped rod. This is the way I purchased the car....I believe it was due to hydrolock. The motor is already out of the car.

I now have to decide whether to rebuild existing (block "appears" unscathed), go with a stroker kit to get all the forged goodies, or maybe pickup a 6.4 out of a wrecked donor (I have access to salvage auctions).

My biggest fear in building the engine is going to a shop that doesn't know their way around one, and getting something that will give me problems down the line. Cost is also a factor. The short-block and long-block options from the well-known players seem PRICEY!! Then add freight charges on top of that. I'd like to find somebody local and obviously live in a big Metroplex.

Can I save decent money by building up a stroker using my existing hardware like the block and heads?

Thank you for any opinions

1970 Super Bee, WM21, 383, auto, FY1, a/c, project! 1971 Chrysler 300 2dr, U-code, console car 1980 Chrysler LeBaron LS Limited coupe 2008 Chrysler Aspen, HEMI 2011 Ram 3500 MegaCab, 6.7