I get to hear all the stories from the old days in SoCal when we race in Fontana with the heads up car, which wont happen anymore since NMCA West folded. When we run there we have Gary Hansen with us at every race and we go to dinner with he and he wife. He is a great guy who ran all those great SoCal tracks in the day and he often opines about them. But he also still builds Comp Stock and SS stuff so he appreciates the stuff now as well. When we have the rare occasion when Roland Leong with us the stories really start getting tall. I was not a drag race guy at all. The past is lost on me for the most part but listening to these guys talk about the glory days of SoCal drag racing it sure sounds fun. When Lambeck and Gary get together they have some awesome stories from the Pro Stock days back then that are epic..

I don't like the 4 wide stuff either. I have heard people who attend the events that it is hard for them to follow. Meaning people who are part of the traveling circus that follow them when I have had the opportunity to talk to them. But if it puts butt in the seats who am I to argue.

As for trophies, that mentality had a terrible affect on our society. There is not distinction for excellence anymore. I ran a Little League for five years and saw the affects. Why should anyone work hard if they all get rewarded the same. It just seems to get worse and worse over the passing years that they embrace the practive..I blame soccer myself smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"