it's dead.... there's no going back. If you put pro mod in there, in a short time it will be dead too. In a way technology has killed the sport. Drag racing has always been a "keep up with the joneses" in the heads up categories and the cost to do that has weeded out all the "kind of / sort of" teams. In the past there were always the teams that were there for the "fun of it" in a way... There was a good story awhile back about prostock and the competitors along the way and the waves of dominance throughout the years with a single or couple of "players" that often were a shoe in for the winners circle, yet... there were 30+ other teams showing up to "try". Those "extras" have dwindled to next to nothing. From my now "old guy" prospective my first national event was at Brainerd in the mid 80's. Tons of cars in the class, and tons of builders/tuners. Now what is it... 2, 3?? At that event Whit Bazemore showed up towing his Chapparal trailer with a spare body strapped to the top.... cool stuff we'll never see again. There was also another top fuel team from Minnesota. All they ran was Brainerd, Topeka, and "if" they did good they might hit Denver or Indy.... back when a smallish group of guys could take a swing at the big boys and at least give it a try. cool stuff.

I hope they can make some sort of "comeback" in the pro stock ranks, but I have no idea how that would ever happen. Maybe some "pie in the sky" purses might help, but where is the money tree for that??