I think the "Red Zone" lifter came out around 2004.They were advertised as having pressurized oil to the needles.So I ordered a cam,lifters and springs for my HEMI after having a failure of the Comp 829 lifters.They sent the cam and springs and told me the lifters were to follow.We installed and degreed the cam and installed the springs.When the lifters came,there was an oil band in the body of the lifter,,,,but no orifice to allow pressurized oil into the lifter.I called Isky and got one of the 5 techs that I spoke with during the ordering process.I had repeatedly told them I was buying the Red Zones for that feature.That's when I was told the BBM lifters did NOT have that feature. mad
Well I made a stink and ended up with "Rich" that supposedly owned Isky.He offered to rebuild my NEW lifters and drill the body so I would have the option the lifters were supposed to have and would only charge me $125!! I informed him that they were advertised to have that option and should NOT be charged.He came back with,,,,we make those lifters for Jim Oddy and Jim said they weren't needed.I told him I'm not Jim with 5 engines as spares.He then told me to sent his s%$t back.If I had not installed the springs & cam I would have sent everything back.
Out of curiosity I dropped the lifters in and the link bar attaching the pairs hit the lifter boss on my mega block.
I sent the lifters back and bought Comp 848s that were an AMC application.They are on their 3rd rebuild.Because of the treatment from Isky I will NEVER buy their product again!
Because of their PR oiling capability I sent oil up the exhaust PR for a little extra oil on the exhaust springs.I also installed a set on my friends wedge,we both lost 15 lbs of OP.So I installed restrickers in the PRs and the 15 lbs came back.I have no clue how they make then now,but id does not matter.NO isky products for me.Comp has been good to me.

Last edited by hemi-itis; 01/03/18 02:50 AM.

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!