Yes, back the brake problem...

Originally Posted By mickm
when I hit the brakes it pulls sharply to the right. Adjust it out and everything is ok.

What could be causing this?

It is super frustrating for such a simple set up to go wrong, isn't it? You are sure the driver's shoes aren't wearing down prematurely, right? Does the car pull left when shoes are adjusted manually?

Otherwise the car pulling to the side when the shoes wear down for lack of adjustment, could be hydraulic pressure isn't split equally... but you'd have pulling to the left after adjustment..

.. so, OK my gut agrees the problem is in the adjuster system.

(to explain - I had a persistent "unequal braking" problem at my rear brakes a few years ago - the adjuster setup looked dead perfect, so I kept thinking it was hydraulic pressure sending unequal brake force to the rears. End of story was I found a very small discrepancy in the actuator arm's position that didn't let it engage the star wheel properly - it was the cable's eye loop at the TOP of the brake drum resulted in a shorter cable length. Problem solved).

Going back to something very basic: I'd remove the rear brake drums which are working FINE (are they wearing equally?) and compare the fronts to the rears.... compare orientation of brake shoes, star wheel, cables, springs, everything.. my gut tells me something very minor isn't right and you have to find it by careful observation of something that DOES WORK right..

Do you have any Mopar buddies with '70 B-body? My '67 and '65 are just a bit different than yours.

Cheers,
- Art

Last edited by 67SATisfaction; 12/06/17 04:42 PM.

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle