Originally Posted By LA360
Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
The teams are the ones that asked for this. What it does, is allow teams to choose what engine, in what aero package ( body) they think will work best.

This sounds like an act of incredible desperation... and I expect the class is still effing doomed by EOY 2018.

The big teams that are running are a millionaires club, that want to keep playing in their sandpit.
All that aside, these teams employ many staff to run their operation, if they stop racing Pro Stock, you'll have plenty of folks looking for a job. Some of the engine guys may stay on, but I can understand why the teams are trying to stay racing.

On various Facebook posts regarding this news, a lot of people are wanting Pro Mod to take it's place, some getting behind the factory based stuff. If Pro Stock goes, I'm not sure either will get up

Most of the PM guys don't want to run a 24 event season. They are happy running part time. Make it a full series and many of them won't make all the races.

IMO, they need to scrap the EFI, or at least let carbs run with them, because that was a giant flop. Get rid of the rev limiter, because it didn't bring in a single new competitor. Hood scoop or no hood scoop.

Run PM at half the races and PS at the other half and have 3 races a year where they both compete. Say...the Winternationals, Indy and the Finals. That would be 15 races a year for each class.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston