Originally Posted By gregsdart
I had a gasket failure using that green gasket and oil pump filter plate! This was a common problem with that setup. There are only two bolts holding it on the pump and they are on one side. You can buy a one piece plate, or add a third bolt under the filter area. Best thing to do is to buy the one piece cover. Also do what you can to elimenate 90 degree fittings, especially on the intake side of the pump. Use the better 90 degree fittings made with tubing and a gentle curve if at all possible. Also very important to see if any of the fittings screw into anything far enough to restrict oil flow. I found that the one going through the pan into the swinging oil pickup was restricting the flow path on mine. Just shorten it and taper the entrance of the fitting. keep a very close eye on oil pressure . If you have problems with low pressure because of the oil pan you have, you can band aid it with an oil accumulater. I have to run over ten quarts of oil. I use thirteen with the accumulater.
Thank you very much for this info , i will check everything on oiling

1970 Cuda 496 street driven 9.22@150
1971 Demon 572 7.82@176
1957 Desoto Adventurer Convertible 345 Hemi
1958 Plymouth Fury Christine
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
1970 Dodge ChallengerRT 6pack 4 speed 1 of 135
1968 Dodge Charger RT 4 speed