Roughly 20 yrs ago I spent some time with a local speed shop owner looking to purchase a then newer technology camshaft for my old gasser which I'd been running as a bracket car since the early 70's.

For all those years prior I'd been running a solid lifter Lunati with a ton of duration.

The speed shop owner steered me toward a Lazer cam, saying he'd had good luck with the company, which was apparently a newer start up at the time. I'd filled out a rather lengthy input sheet and a few weeks later had a new cam with solid lifters.

Anyway, the cam got installed and broken in, but then for a whole host of reasons I ended up storing the car without ever running it outside of the driveway.

Over the past year I've been working to get it going again. Time to relive my youth I guess.

Which brings me to this request for opinions:

Cam specs: Duration @ .050 261 (both intake and exhaust)
Seat duration @ .020 295 (both intake and exhaust)
Lobe separation 108
Gross valve lift 552 (both intake and exhaust)
Valve lash hot .026/.028 intake/exhaust

Car weights 3400 pds. 426 wedge with stock 906 heads, 12.5 TRW's, 750 Holley on Torker intake, 727 with 3400 stall, 4:56 gears. Everything on the car is old school.

What do you think of the cam recommended to me? In retrospect I had always been under the impression it was beneficial to run a bit more duration on the exhaust side.

Not looking to run against SS/A cars, just hoping for a solid bracket car which will likely only hit the track 3-4 times a season.

Am I wasting my time? Headed for frustration? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and wisdom!

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way