Originally Posted By pjc360

I’m trying to find something simple with a sensor and exhaust bung and gauge for around 100-200 bucks.
I’ve got a quickfuel super street 680 vacuum secondary carb and I need to get a wideband on it to take full advantage of the adjustability on it.
I have it tuned by feel and by reading spark plugs right now but I know I’m leaving some power and mileage on the table by not having a wideband in it.

Actually, not as much as you may think. The AFR gage is useful in helping observe the effects of various changes. If you want one, great. But you can do pretty darn good without.
A dash gage alone will be most useful for steady conditions; Wide open throttle in top gears, steady on the highway at lower and higher speeds.

The adjustments in your QF are probably the air bleeds and what else? The airbleeds most effect the shape of the fuel curve. With the AFR gage, tach and video, that can be observed in top gears in the 1/4 mile. So for this, a gage or logger can speed things along. Best mph is still going to be the indicator of best power at the top of the run.

For milage - on the interstates, the limit will be when the engine starts surging. AFR gage, rpm, vac are only helpful in telling you what conditions the limit was hit.