I bought one from Manicini racing before I found out they were Dakota starters. Been on my 440 for 7 years now with only one problem. The ring gear slipped on my 440 flywheel! This was after I'd have the truck in low 4x4 on the trail in 1st or 2nd gear, and start it with the clutch pedal up. Just hit the key, and the 440 would fire up and roll down the trail no problem. The ring gear is now welded to the flywheel in about 6 spots. Did it through the inspection cover.

The main reason I bought the small starter, because in a big block truck with headers and stock starter, you have to first pull the header to get to the starter. Hooker headers actually touch the end of the stock starter. With the mini, I can pull the starter off without loosening the header. I've only had it off the truck once in 7 years, trying to figure out the ring gear slipping. That made a wierd noise!

Michael

93 W250 CTD getrag, Bosch 185 injectors, AFE air filter. Trailer puller, daily driver,

90 W250 CTD 727 with smokin 5" stacks. Off road truck

75 Dodge W200 440 4spd 4x4 locked front and rear, twin disc clutch, E85. Pulling truck