Originally Posted By fbs63
Manley makes a 2.18 valve. Would that fit on the stock seat and how much you think it would pick up?

This guy called me a month or 2 ago. He said he bought manley 2.18 valves and wanted me to port his heads because he heard "im the best". Well, I dont think Im the best. Then I told him I wouldn't put a 2.18 manley valve in it because IMO its too heavy. When I told him that, this guy said Bruce at HHP said the same exact thing to him. I then said, oh so you talked to Bruce?, because they use BES and alot of people claim their heads flow 400 cfm. I told him mine do not come close to 400 and I try to focus on the low lift numbers because most people wont be putting .800 lift cams in their engine. He said , "Well I want the best. I have a $10k race comming up"

I wanted no part of this situation. I dont know who is tuner is. I told him I thought if he want the best call HHP and I would be happy to flow your heads for you when you get them back.

Yesterday he calls and asks me to look at them and see if there is anything I could do to make them better. I was like, what do you mean, did you get them CNC'd by hhp? He said yes but he wants more.

When he showed up, he wanted to pay me to polish the chambers. Chambers were untouched. I told him, waste of money. I dont do them. Barton has made 900hp with basically stock ports and untouched chambers. Told him to use his money taking weight out.

It was an interesting day

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs