Went to the track this past Wednesday for a little T&T action. We have a Top 10 Streetcar "list" at work, so a bunch of us cruised down together. The track was packed with people making end of the season laps as we have been rained out for the past week or two.

I drove to work, then down to the track, with my minibike in tow. I swapped in some -8 NGKs in anticipation of some chemical enhancement, and topped off with 100 unleaded instead of my normal 93 pump swill.

Hot off the highway, I unloaded, went through tech, and went to the lanes for a NA pass. Normally I try to put it up on the converter, but given the usual quality of prep on street night, and my maxed out SA shocks and radials, I decided to se how it would leave off idle. The pro tree caught me off guard, but I nailed it and the tires growled for a moment then hooked. It felt strong but smooth, and I was expecting an 11.4x or 11.5x depending on the short time.

I collected the slip and had to double take at an 11.31 @ 118! Previous best was back in June, 11.41 @ 116.4 at 1800' DA. Wednesday was only 1500' DA at 5PM, so not killer air by any means.

I was really tempted to make a few more NA passes to collect a 11.2x slip, but I wanted to experiment with the nitrous. I only got 2 more passes due to the track being packed and a few oil downs, but I was still stoked from the first pass. I loaded up and hit the highway for my 45 minute ride home.

Also, on my last pass, I was able to get it to hook, and got some documented daylight under the front tire. I have suspected it was lifting the tire on occasion, but now there is proof!

IMG_2735.JPGFullSizeRender.jpgIMG_3063.PNG

Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

71 Swinger - slowly collecting dust/parts
66 Belv. II - just a streetcar
88 Mustang - turbo LS beater