Moparts

More end of the season bests

Posted By: OUTLAWD

More end of the season bests - 10/20/17 05:11 PM

Went to the track this past Wednesday for a little T&T action. We have a Top 10 Streetcar "list" at work, so a bunch of us cruised down together. The track was packed with people making end of the season laps as we have been rained out for the past week or two.

I drove to work, then down to the track, with my minibike in tow. I swapped in some -8 NGKs in anticipation of some chemical enhancement, and topped off with 100 unleaded instead of my normal 93 pump swill.

Hot off the highway, I unloaded, went through tech, and went to the lanes for a NA pass. Normally I try to put it up on the converter, but given the usual quality of prep on street night, and my maxed out SA shocks and radials, I decided to se how it would leave off idle. The pro tree caught me off guard, but I nailed it and the tires growled for a moment then hooked. It felt strong but smooth, and I was expecting an 11.4x or 11.5x depending on the short time.

I collected the slip and had to double take at an 11.31 @ 118! Previous best was back in June, 11.41 @ 116.4 at 1800' DA. Wednesday was only 1500' DA at 5PM, so not killer air by any means.

I was really tempted to make a few more NA passes to collect a 11.2x slip, but I wanted to experiment with the nitrous. I only got 2 more passes due to the track being packed and a few oil downs, but I was still stoked from the first pass. I loaded up and hit the highway for my 45 minute ride home.

Also, on my last pass, I was able to get it to hook, and got some documented daylight under the front tire. I have suspected it was lifting the tire on occasion, but now there is proof!

Attached picture IMG_2735.JPG
Attached picture FullSizeRender.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3063.PNG
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: More end of the season bests - 10/20/17 05:28 PM

NICE............I can't wait for my final passes and good air.............. beer
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: More end of the season bests - 10/20/17 05:36 PM

Sweet. Nice job!!
Posted By: humpty

Re: More end of the season bests - 10/21/17 01:03 AM

Congrats! I love the drag bars on the mini bike too!
Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: More end of the season bests - 10/21/17 01:25 AM

Nice! I'm taking my road runner out for no ET tomorrow. Only time I can run 10's without a roll bar and not get yelled at. Take it your keeping your nitrous passes to yourself?
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: More end of the season bests - 10/21/17 02:26 AM

Congrats! Great looking 66! Can you outline the combo?
Posted By: 383man

Re: More end of the season bests - 10/21/17 07:09 AM

Congrats on the new best. beer You gotta love this cool end of the season air !! Ron
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: More end of the season bests - 10/22/17 01:37 AM

Very nice!! Congrats and that is impressive driving to track hauling a mini bike and putting down those numbers. Great looking car too!!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: More end of the season bests - 10/23/17 03:22 PM

Very nice, congrats!
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: More end of the season bests - 10/23/17 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By 68 HEMI GTS
Nice! I'm taking my road runner out for no ET tomorrow. Only time I can run 10's without a roll bar and not get yelled at. Take it your keeping your nitrous passes to yourself?

I got yelled at last year for a few 10.90's, so I chose to run NT on street night. Plenty of hellcats on spray running 9's nary a helmet, so I doubt they care about me running 10's.

I was going to head out to No ET, but it normally turns into a cluster, How'd it go?

No secrets here, I was just way happier with the NA results...haha
Last year went from 11.62 to 10.97 on a 52 jet (~90 hp at wheels), last week went from 11.31 to 10.83 on the same jetting. It makes sense that the exhaust changes that helped it NA just don't have the same effect with the spray...

I wanted to go to bigger jets but worked on the progressive to get the launch more consistent. Spraying it out of the whole just won't work. I might end up going back next week...

Originally Posted By StealthWedge67
Congrats! Great looking 66! Can you outline the combo?

Thanks!
It's pretty basic, dated combo. Built in the late 90's, ended up becoming a stroker when the stock crank was too far gone.

493" RB w/ MP crank
RBRE rods w/ JE pistons 10.25:1
-516 heads, big valves, cleaned up
RBRE spec'd .520 260 @ 0.050
4150 M1 topped with a FITech
TTI 2"
3.5 X-pipe with dumps

727 w/ RMVB
9.5" Dymanic Converter
8.75 with 3.55's
currently on a 295/65-15 MT ET Street SS

~3700# with me in it

The cam and gear make it docile on the street. I cruise on the freeway with traffic no problem. It was a good trip to the track, never even opened the hood.
© 2024 Moparts Forums