I have a custom built Braswell Carb that I have never been happy with... Seems that it is either too rich... too lean... bad idle quality or will bog out when going on the transbrake at the line... (lost a couple races because of it)...

I've sent it off to so-called "experts" and fiddled with it myself and quite frankly, getting quite frustrated with it..

In talking with Rich (EFI FASTMAN)... we've discussed converting to the Holley system and of course, Rich will bend over backwards to make sure it is tuned to optimum performance..

I mostly bracket race in S/ST 10.90 @ 149-ish... Have done a few all out races at 155-ish MPH... The car has a Dedenbear disc style throttle stop and I'm debating whether to throw in the towel and convert to EFI or stay with the carb...

I know I will have to replace the throttle stop with a linkage style, will need a new fuel pump and of course, the install of the Holley system... Approx cost will be slightly over $2400.00, but can sell the Brasswell, Dedenbear and BG400 pump to help recover some of the cost..

Would you do it... or would you continue to try and make the carb work? and why?