I was at the Dallas race last weekend and asked the proverbial question at the mopar peformance display. “ Is Mopar ever going to release a new Hemi block”? Some old guy was summoned from inside the trailer. They interrupted his lunch. “Yes”. My reply was, “ Do you know how may times we have been told that?” He then said,” we have 150 blocks cast and sitting at a facility ready to be machined. We finally found someone to machine them. They will be introduced st the SEMA show.” He then pulled out his Mopar card and said that I could call him if it does not happen. I guess I had that look on my face that said, “ sure you will.” I won’t publish his name but his card said “ Motorsports Marketing Manager, FCA US LLC.”

I asked if it would look like the first produced Mopar block that was more for the restoration guys. He said it was of the same design as the world block with extra meat that could be bored to big cubic inches. In other words. It will look like the newer “ World” block.

So there you go. Fresh info for the rumor mill and new promises. I’m not holding my breath. Or selling my last world hemi block, for that matter.

Last edited by fastmark; 10/18/17 03:57 PM.