Moparts

The lastest story on reproduction Hemi blocks

Posted By: fastmark

The lastest story on reproduction Hemi blocks - 10/18/17 03:15 PM

I was at the Dallas race last weekend and asked the proverbial question at the mopar peformance display. “ Is Mopar ever going to release a new Hemi block”? Some old guy was summoned from inside the trailer. They interrupted his lunch. “Yes”. My reply was, “ Do you know how may times we have been told that?” He then said,” we have 150 blocks cast and sitting at a facility ready to be machined. We finally found someone to machine them. They will be introduced st the SEMA show.” He then pulled out his Mopar card and said that I could call him if it does not happen. I guess I had that look on my face that said, “ sure you will.” I won’t publish his name but his card said “ Motorsports Marketing Manager, FCA US LLC.”

I asked if it would look like the first produced Mopar block that was more for the restoration guys. He said it was of the same design as the world block with extra meat that could be bored to big cubic inches. In other words. It will look like the newer “ World” block.

So there you go. Fresh info for the rumor mill and new promises. I’m not holding my breath. Or selling my last world hemi block, for that matter.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Thr lastest story on reproduction Hemi blocks - 10/18/17 03:28 PM

I think a lot of the folks here would know the name, he is generous with his cards and email address.

I am sure what he told you is true, not that others could not let him and others down.

Bill
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Thr lastest story on reproduction Hemi blocks - 10/18/17 03:40 PM

I have heard the same story - the catch is getting the PO released from FCA to actually mill the blocks - the last place doing the blocks shut down operations - my guess is once the blocks do get released that will be the last of them form the mothership we ever see. Lets face it if they developed a Gen III race block like the current Gen II Mega-block - they could sell a couple thousand in a month!
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Thr lastest story on reproduction Hemi blocks - 10/18/17 03:54 PM

"if" you have a part number, I can run it and see if it's still active. Last year when I looked up an RB block it showed a number of blocks on backorder, but the number was still good. Do that with any small block and it pops up "NS1".... no longer in production.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Thr lastest story on reproduction Hemi blocks - 10/18/17 06:52 PM

I know this is jumping topic a little but just thinking about the "more cubes" thing. My question, will say a stock 66 year head fit ok on a 4.5 bore? If so I would spring for one.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Thr lastest story on reproduction Hemi blocks - 10/18/17 07:05 PM

yes it will fit - the 4.5 bore really helps the big valve heads though
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Thr lastest story on reproduction Hemi blocks - 10/18/17 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By fastmark
I was at the Dallas race last weekend and asked the proverbial question at the mopar peformance display. “ Is Mopar ever going to release a new Hemi block”? Some old guy was summoned from inside the trailer. They interrupted his lunch. “Yes”. My reply was, “ Do you know how may times we have been told that?” He then said,” we have 150 blocks cast and sitting at a facility ready to be machined. We finally found someone to machine them. They will be introduced st the SEMA show.” He then pulled out his Mopar card and said that I could call him if it does not happen. I guess I had that look on my face that said, “ sure you will.” I won’t publish his name but his card said “ Motorsports Marketing Manager, FCA US LLC.”

I asked if it would look like the first produced Mopar block that was more for the restoration guys. He said it was of the same design as the world block with extra meat that could be bored to big cubic inches. In other words. It will look like the newer “ World” block.

So there you go. Fresh info for the rumor mill and new promises. I’m not holding my breath. Or selling my last world hemi block, for that matter.

Tell him to contact me. Or if you would like to send me a PM. If he has 150 castings, we can machine them all for him here where I work. We have all the factory prints & as well as any aftermarket changes on file. We have machined them for Mopar before as well as all of the Koleno blocks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums