I have a question about transmissions and trans kickdown cable adjustment.
I have a 1964 727 in my 56 plymouth. It's been in the car a few years. I have a kickdown cable setup on the car as I didn't have any OEM linkage. I'm having an issue with the trans slipping sometimes. Seems to slip on light throttle upshifts, I drop it into neutral and then back into drive and the trans is fine.
So I was talking to someone about the kickdown cable and reading up on them. I get the car up on the lift and at wide open throttle, my trans lever is all the way back so I think that's where it's supposed to be. Then I read a hot rod article about the lokar kickdown and how some people put a spring on the trans lever to pull it forward and they shouldn't do that. Well I have a cable setup from Mancini, not the lokar setup. The mancini setup comes with a spring to pull the trans lever forward. Then I read about how mis adjustment can wreck your trans. So which way is it supposed to be. Pull the lever forward with a spring or don't pull it forward. It's so confusing.
I've check my trans fluid, it's not burnt and it's full.
I'm thinking I have to have someone take the trans apart to see what's slipping but I want to make sure I didn't cause the problem or that If I did, I don't cause it again.

Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Nick

2004 ram 2500 CTD
1977 Volare Road Runner, 360/4 speed
1956 Savoy. 318 poly, pushbutton torqueflite