Originally Posted By shanker
Originally Posted By Sunroofcuda
I've read that the "old" 2.7L Mopar engines suffered short lifespans because of all the tiny oil passages. They sludged-up & just died out. I don't think it's worth rebuilding.

that's half correct....they sludged up due to people continuing to drive them with a weeping water pump. The water pump is an internal design, so WHEN it leaks, it leaks coolant into the engine case.

this car is a 2004 with the latest design water pump and is immaculate, I'd rather buy my wife a nice 2-3 year old ford edge, but $$ is short right now due to having to pay for hurricane harvey damage to my house, so I gotta fix this car and get another 6 months out of it.

Hope it all works out & I feel for ya on the hurricane stuff - nobody needed that! I bought a 43,000 mile 2001 300M from an old couple in Naples 3 years ago while on a business trip down there. Granted it's a 3.5L & not a 2.7L, but the car was so nice & the price was right. It has 95,000 on it now & has been a great second car with minimal issues. On anything older like this, we do have to roll the dice to some extent. I always liked the 98-2004 Intrepids - good luck on the rebuild.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified