So digging through teardown pics I found the image attached and it appeared to me the cable should have been routed through the boxed cutout. So I decide to check the engineering drawing and this portion isn't really addressed in the primary view. Also note you see the oval hole addressed that leads into the cab, this hole would be forward of the cutout in the attached photo.

I also notice that the additional view labeled "Model 27" clearly shows the routing in this area, and it appears identical to the way my car was built. Since mine is not a convertible the supplemental view should not apply.

I suspect the guy building my car didn't have the clarity he needed, and either lacking a little common sense or jumping to conclusion with the supplemental drawing view, decided to route the cable like a convertible.

I have little doubt that my car had the harness routed incorrectly to what the engineering intent was but I'm curious if others have supporting teardown photo's (original teardown photos only please) showing the rear cable routing in this area. Were they all like this or am I a man on an island?

I'm a 1970 mid March SPD AAR in the event we get that detailed.

PICT0152-1.JPGScreen Shot 2017-10-01 at 6.38.11 AM.png