Well, not a bad come back for the ole' girl.
I have owned this car for 28 years.
The Dart has set in the corner of the shop for 10 years. My oldest Son wanted to put it back together and do some racing.
We went to Detroit and won the fastest Dodge and was the 5th fastest car on the grounds for the Roadkill nights event. Not bad for a small tire full legit street car. I had to drive cause you had to be 21years old.

2 weeks later we go to Street Car Takeover at Zmax and win the Outlaw Unlimited class. Now,we ran this class because I just put the DOT tires on to run the Roadkill event. Was not changing tires that only had a couple passes on them. We should,and fit in the 10.5 small tire class but the DOT tires are 10.8 wide. LOL
So guess what, Austin Melton at 17 years old took a combo that I ran 20 years ago and ran it straight up there ass!!. Yes, he drove his butt off and was his 1st time with the bottle turned on. I really had to pull it back and keep it turned down. Did not want him in a low 5sec car right off the bat. He cut great lights and did an amazing job. I am so pround of my whole family for this effort!!! Special thanks to David Stewart for the hard work and Friendship.

I know Bullet Bob is throwing a good one up in Heaven!!!

https://youtu.be/iTBeNVX1RY0

This was my son at Zmax

Last edited by 8secDart; 09/06/17 01:53 AM.