Moparts

Not a bad come back!!!

Posted By: 8secDart

Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 05:48 AM

Well, not a bad come back for the ole' girl.
I have owned this car for 28 years.
The Dart has set in the corner of the shop for 10 years. My oldest Son wanted to put it back together and do some racing.
We went to Detroit and won the fastest Dodge and was the 5th fastest car on the grounds for the Roadkill nights event. Not bad for a small tire full legit street car. I had to drive cause you had to be 21years old.

2 weeks later we go to Street Car Takeover at Zmax and win the Outlaw Unlimited class. Now,we ran this class because I just put the DOT tires on to run the Roadkill event. Was not changing tires that only had a couple passes on them. We should,and fit in the 10.5 small tire class but the DOT tires are 10.8 wide. LOL
So guess what, Austin Melton at 17 years old took a combo that I ran 20 years ago and ran it straight up there ass!!. Yes, he drove his butt off and was his 1st time with the bottle turned on. I really had to pull it back and keep it turned down. Did not want him in a low 5sec car right off the bat. He cut great lights and did an amazing job. I am so pround of my whole family for this effort!!! Special thanks to David Stewart for the hard work and Friendship.

I know Bullet Bob is throwing a good one up in Heaven!!!

https://youtu.be/iTBeNVX1RY0

This was my son at Zmax

Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 05:58 AM

Congrats for upholding the Dodge banner.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 06:01 AM

Awesome! Congratulations!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 06:25 AM

That says a lot about your tuning skills/car and your kid...........Congrats.... beer thumbs
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 06:42 AM

Congrats
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 07:21 AM

Are my assumptions correct that you where running the car in a heads up no break racing event?
if so and if it is not a current secret what did both of you run to win each event?

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 07:49 AM

LOL. I would sure as hell hate to bracket race on the street LOL
Yes it was both heads up races.
Has run as fast as 5.30s but with my son driving we had a real soft tune up in it. He went 5.70 flat.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 07:51 AM

Hell yes !
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 08:09 AM

Congrat's to you and your son Lenny.
Good to see the old dart out again making passes.
David
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 08:12 AM

That ROCKS!

Funny how the announcer was all over the A990 car that lost.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 11:12 AM

Very nice. Always good when your kids are interested. Congrats.
Doug
Posted By: dart games

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 12:11 PM

great job
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 12:23 PM

Congrats to everyone involved in performing an awesome job. I really like that color. I'm trying to find something like that for my Cuda.
Posted By: tex013

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 01:44 PM

Well done

Rex
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 02:56 PM

upCongrats!!!
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 02:59 PM

Congratulations to you all lenny
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 03:37 PM

Congrats to you and your boy Lenny!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 03:53 PM

Congrats
wave
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 04:05 PM

Great job guys. Congratulations.

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 05:14 PM

Thanks guy!!!
This truly has been the best year for me as a racer. Started the year out driving my Hero's car (Bob Reed). With Bob's passing and my Son's getting older it really woke up a desire that had been pushed to the side.

We was on the verge of getting the car I drove for Bob in the 7s but just ran out of time.

Went to the Modern Hemi race at the rock and was runner up in my new Challenger. Won 9 rounds of racing in a stick car.

Started putting the Dart back together in April. Austin my oldest started making motor passes with my little 451. He really did a great job. We then put the big Aluminum motor in and just started kicking ass.

I am in the works of trying to do a Factory Stock deal. If anyone out there wants to be part or has some connections please let me know.

Thanks
Posted By: Dart451

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 07:32 PM

beer

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/06/17 07:34 PM

That is flying up bow
Congratulations to you and on your Sons wanting and doing the racing and working on the car up
Posted By: 1KoolBee

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/07/17 06:12 AM

That's so awesome!! Congrats to you & your family!!
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/07/17 02:19 PM

That is awesome, Lenny!

Glad to see the Family Tradition is alive and well.

Hey Where is your shop, I'm going up to Mooresville a good bit lately.

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/07/17 03:24 PM

My bike shop?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/07/17 06:31 PM

Awesome news for sure. Glad you still have the car and can pass your passion along tot he next generation.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/08/17 04:41 AM

Very cool. I own my car for 38 years now and same deal, lots of sentimental attachment and lots of good times. Very cool to see you enjoying the car with your kids . Congrats and keep it up !
Posted By: duster400

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/08/17 05:17 AM

Congrats.

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/08/17 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By n20mstr
Very cool. I own my car for 38 years now and same deal, lots of sentimental attachment and lots of good times. Very cool to see you enjoying the car with your kids . Congrats and keep it up !

THANKS!
Damn,38 years. I was thinking you was about my age. We all getting old. LOL
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/09/17 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By 8secDart

THANKS!

I hate to say it but I am about to be 54 years old. Where did all the years go ?! Seems like just last year I was 23, street racing almost 3 nights a week and had no worries at all...lol

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/09/17 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By 8secDart

THANKS!

I hate to say it but I am about to be 54 years old. Where did all the years go ?! Seems like just last year I was 23, street racing almost 3 nights a week and had no worries at all...lol

It seems like it was just two years ago I was winning trophies at Fontana Drag City in AHRA K/SA formula 3 in the spring of 1964 shock shruggy
Time flies when your having fun up
It absolutely stands still when your at 25,000 ft. with your tail on fire shock runaway puke whistling
Luckily, I have never experience that wave
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/09/17 03:11 PM

A big congrats, and great to have family involved! I am another old guy (67) with a car I've had for 40 years!
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Not a bad come back!!! - 09/10/17 01:50 PM

Congrats, definitely an awesome comeback especially with your son involved. up
© 2024 Moparts Forums