Originally Posted By Mattax
OK. There you have it. Now you know where to look. Right?
If not, look at the diagram and ask yourself why would power be flowing through #18 to the alternator.
I'll see if I can hot-link it direct, but my host service may not allow it. If not I'm refering to Nacho's diagram in this link.
http://www.heritech.org/cuda/Charge.html

(yes. they've made it hard to hot-link)

Ok, I am looking at the link and I see the path is should take. But, shouldn't the alternator be hot all the time with battery connected? What would cause it to draw that kind of power with nothing turned on.

The ammeter is a link in that circuit. So what would be the weak link that would cause that to fry? headlight switch, ignition switch, or something with the fusebox..... Would a faulty ammeter cause something like this? The wires were cooked to and from the ammeter, but not the ammeter itself.

I should also add: after I replaced the wire from the starter relay which was fried (at the time I thought thats all is was), I was able to turn the headlights on and off. The key worked by turning over the starter, but no spark to coil. With the battery connected, the R side park turn signal was on continuously (not blinking) as well as the blinker indicator (also not blinking) on the dash.

I have to work tomorrow but I will do some more investigating and wire repair on Monday. Thanks so much for all the help, I really appreciate it guys!

eightlitermopar

Last edited by eightlitermopar; 09/03/17 12:41 AM.

Mopar or no car