Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo
Originally Posted By knote72
I was curious about this topic as well. Somewhere down the road I wanna do a Turbo EFI slant in a pickup, and would prefer a MPFI setup if at all possible. I came across this article DeBiase EFI for adapting the GM 3.8L MPI setup. I was curious about the Jeep 4L route, because I have a 92 Grand Cherokee with a 4L that is just sitting on my property and would like to find out if I can use that setup instead

6 year old thread, but... you can use the Jeep 4.0 in a truck. In a car the deck height might be a problem if you enjoy being able to close your hood. If you are keeping it stock, the Jeep efi system is easy enough to dissect and transfer over. Transmission selection would rule out stock mopar transmission however there are other swap options that would work.

As far as using the 4L itself.......no thanks. There's a reason it's sitting there. I've driven a few of these 4Ls, to be honest I'm not too fond of Jeep stuff at this point (electrical is their biggest achilles heel from what I've seen). Aside from getting out usable parts, I wouldn't mind seeing it go into the crusher. I just figured I'd get some usage out of what's there so maybe it could pay me back for the PITA it caused me, and since I'd have to scrap the ecu for aftermarket anyways if I used the parts, it'd be less likely to infect the build with its old gremlins

Last edited by knote72; 08/29/17 09:20 AM.