out of curiosity, do any of you guys happen to know when mopar went to a splined column shaft ? reason i ask is because my 38 plymouth had a tapered shaft with a key, and my 47 plymouth had a splined shaft. I JUST REMEMBERED !!!! hey OP. i had the ORIGINAL wheel from my 64 barracuda on my 47 ! i just remembered that ! the car was a 3spd [on the tree, which the linkage was removed because i had a 4spd in the car] with manual steering [original box and suspension]. the horn was hooked to a push button, but the wheel bolted up. that would mean [to me] any 69 down 3 bolt grant wheel hub kit should work ! those columns did not have the key in them, and were smaller in diameter. i can't remember if the wheel base fit the column diameter even close, but i was surprised it even fit ! this was before i became proficient in fabrication and machining, so i'm positive there was no adapter involved fitting the barracuda wheel. this would be around the 1972 time frame, before my machinist trade began. check this info out and report back. i hope my mind is still remembering correctly ! that wheel was installed when my new upholstery was done. i'll have to see if i have any old [real] pics of that.
beer

Last edited by moparx; 08/24/17 11:25 AM.