I believe GM was the first to have 8mm wires. In the late 70's , early 80's. Delco I think. I willmake a call tomorrow to see about this "permission slip" neededfor the stamping. A problem that happens with quality race core when building sets, is that when you strip and fold it for the brass terminals to be terminated, about half the time, the core breaks. Guys what, now your lengths are off. Its a piece of cake building the HEI sets. We use stainless dual crimps.We crimp on the core and insulate. Ours is on the left.

It sometimes takes 2 hours to get a single set of FactoryFit 8mm wires finished. Thats with automated terminal machines. The race core does not like to be bent. This is why we push the racewire, 8.5mm so much. Its a more-friendly assembly process using the HEI type termianals. To get exact boots made, I believe the minimum count is 10k units, not including the set-up costs for the molds.

Thanks for the kind words , guys. It's just nice to build a racewire in 8mm, that would pass as a stock wire to most onlookers. Its tough to get into the exact duplication market , with all of the date code possibilities and print types. If we got it exact, there will always be the people who swear its all wrong.

Here is our 8mm. It may look all wrong to some, but customers love the way they fit, and some swear their engines love them too.

New orange Max Wedge and Hemi wires. We make sets in either solid core or suppression in 7mm.

Join the quickest team in motorsports. Team FireCore. CustomWiresets.com