Over the last 2 years, I've dealt with having a terrible ride quality with my 3500. I fully understand it's a 1 ton meant for towing, but I've had enough with it. I originally bought the 1 ton because of the Aisin and I didn't like the idea of the coil system in the rear of the 2500. It's been a great truck and I don't want to get rid of it. It pulls our toy hauler with ease. My toy hauler is a 2015 Attitude 28ibg with about 1,100 pounds of tongue weight. Throw a 4 wheeler in the bed with other gear and I might be hauling 2,000 on the rear of the truck.

I started researching lift kits/level kits and found so many of them have softer front coils. I've always had good luck with Bilstein and found their 2" leveling kit, 25-240405 at Summit Racing for $470. I also ordered Bilstein 33-238555 rear shocks to match the front kit for $214. While researching leveling kits, I noticed Carli had a rear add a pack leaf spring kit, CS-DPAP-03-D, for $400 at CJC Off-road. It is a 5 leaf pack that replaces the 1" thick bottom spring in the stock pack, and raises the rear of the truck 1". Summit and CJC were great and shipped everything within 2 days. I recommend them.

With everything ordered, I went to tirerack for some new rubber. I decided to go with General Gabber X3's in 35x12.50 R18. I didn't want to go too big but wanted a little extra side wall to help with the ride. The tires were $258 a piece and 4wheelparts mounted them, with road hazard, for $250.

Total I'm about $2600 into it and I must say I am very pleased. It took me about 3 hours to install both the front and rear kits. The truck is much more controlled on sharp bumps and has a little more cushioning in the bigger bumps. It is like a soft 2500. I set the tires at 45f/40r and it still feels tight. The tires have a slight hum at highway speeds but are no way overwhelming. With the trailer attached, I noted 1 1/4" drop at the rear wheels.

I must say that I personally think the truck looks better, and is more usable too. The added tire size and aggressive tread really help when off road. I pull my trailer into some very remote locations and I have a little more peace of mind with it.

For what its worth... Mike

1969 Superbee 440-6
1977 D-150 Adventurer
2000 Jeep TJ
2018 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
2019 Ram 2500 CTD