Originally Posted By fbs63
If you read the description they are two different cams. Ones on a 108 lobe center the other on a 114.

Yes...and...the 108 is vastly more popular among the faithful and priced quite a bit crazier than the 114, which seems to lend credibility to the theory prices can end up higher when volumes are higher, depending on specific business strategies and practices.

I did what I could, when I could shruggy

All I can say is, I have alot of stories I would never post LOL.

A couple months ago I had four 108 degree 509 cams, one new the others used, and when I saw how crazy the price was they all went on ebay. They all sold quick for 125 and less. I now have one left and am going to get rid of it too.

anyway...economy of scale does generally work out to lower pricing, when normal profit margins and so on are assumed. But can that always be assumed? Nope, business practices rule the day...if someone with the wrong approach gets ahold of it, then things can easily go the wrong way from the enthusiast perspective. Especially when they figure you have no other choice....but there is always another choice, just have to figure it out. It's all part of the fun, right?

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri