Originally Posted By blown340
Can you post a picture of where you think it is rubbing up front?

For the rear I'd start by removing the small spacers and see if that fixes the problem. If so that will give you a bunch more info to help determine the permanent fix.

I don't have any photos, yet. I have some pictures I took maybe a month or so ago. I had already done some massaging after those photos were taken. Kind of in a rush this morning, but I already did some fender massaging work. Originally I thought the GT trim was cutting into the tire, but I checked and even pulled the fender a little and didn't notice anything.

I really maximized the tire size in the back with the 255/40/18's. If I remove the spacers, the tire will most likely rub on the leaf springs, but I can check to make sure. I wanted the offset shackles installed from the beginning, but Hotchkis didn't install it for the above reason.

Originally Posted By BigBlockMopar
I would say beef up the springs a notch and get bigger swaybars.

The cuts on the front wheels are inline with the fender, so imo they happen during severe spring compression.
If they would happen during hard cornering, I think you would see small bites taken out of the tire.

I would certainly start working on the fender lips to get rid of any sharp edges.
Any chance you can/want to 'pull out the fender a bit, without distorting it ofcourse?

What diameter torsionbars do you have installed?
How many leafs on the rearaxle?

I agree that my springs (front and back) should be beefed up a little bit and this is occurring on severe spring compression. Driving on the freeway or slow maneuvering generally doesn't cut the tire. I'm running 1.06" T-bars up front and Hotchkis leafs in back. My Sway Bars are already pretty big (Hotchkis) and set to full stiff. I was going to have a truck/leaf spring shop install the offset shackles for me when I was going to get to them and I was going to ask them if they can add another leaf to my leaf springs while maintaining the same height. Or do you think a truck helper spring would suffice? I believe TomWheels used them with his Purple Valiant when he had some rubbing issues. It's just the offset shackles I have aren't made with a 1" drop.

Helper Spring Examples:

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/hel-550/overview/

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/hel-991/overview/

Originally Posted By autoxcuda
You need to lip rear fender lips too.

Once you bend it a little, use a hammer with dolly or price of wood held strong right behind every hit. If metal dolly wrap in cloth to not scratch paint. My paint is 25+ years old and didn't crack hardly at all. Trick is patiance and small hits. Just work from center out repeat over and over.

Before , After, tool from harbor freight

The rears aren't rubbing on the fender lip. They're rubbing on the inner wheel well where the wheel well starts to taper towards the top. But good to know for the future.

Rubbing 1.jpgRubbing 2.jpgRubbing 3.jpg