Recently purchased a rotisserie restored 67 Dart street car. Has never been driven. Until today that is. Went about 2 blocks and really felt like I was fighting this car to get it rolling. Car has a 526 Stroker so should be no problem. Dana 60 with Strange spool and 4:56 gear set. Brought it home, jacked up the rear. Rear wheels are VERY hard to turn by hand. Should have done this before but.... Checked rear for the obvious...fluid level. Can see that things look like they have a coating of lube but can't feel any with my pinky. My understanding is the Dana 60 takes 3 quarts. I just put 2 in it til it just started to ooze out of the hole. Checked tranny next. 833 4 speed. Also low. Took about 40 oz and again my research shows about 64oz capacity? Pulled wheels and drums. drums adjusted correctly and emergency brake is not hung up. So my question is (and forgive my ignorance, still learning) is a brand new rear with a spool going to be difficult to turn by hand just in general? Will this eventually loosen up after a break in period? Or should I never drive this again until i have this rear checked for proper shimming and bearing clearances before I break something expensive? If I grab the driveshaft by hand and rotate it it seems to spin more free in reverse than forward direction. A friend of mine drove it down the street after I did and said its fine, that's how a spool is. I ain't buying it.