Originally Posted By Butterscotch71
Originally Posted By L.R Helbling

It's highly likely my car came with a heated air intake. Both the parts book AND the FSM corroborate this. If so, I'm convinced that the OE carb on my car was a Holley variant mentioned in the pic I posted 400 posts ago. If people here spent more time properly explaining things with proof and reasoning instead of bashing and character assassination, and forced opinions, convincing would come far faster with much less frustration on everyone's part. You and about 4 others were helpful in convincing me on this this. The others; not so much.

You would get more/better help if you framed the discussion differently. Taking a position on something based on incomplete information, convinced 100% that you are right, sticking with that position regardless of the information that others present, then finally when the evidence is overwhelming stating that you have now changed your position and everyone is probably now correct because they agree with your position...really doesn't make them want to help you in a productive way. Getting to know who on this site has a lot of knowledge about these things, asking a question and listening to their feedback rather than presenting the sole purpose of telling them they're wrong would get you a lot farther. It seems like another thread you posted awile back too a similar tone (F81 tag code if I remember correctly) but not as bad.
There are plenty of people on here who like to help others with what they've learned about these cars with no other agenda of wanting to prove themselves right...but they want to have a reasonable conversation about it, not a prove-me-wrong discussion.
Just my 0.02...for all that's worth.

I appreciate your 2 cents. Off hand, I have no recollection of the F81 issue. I'm a skeptic. I've always been a skeptic. Often when presented with proof, I believe. When offered proof this time I didn't believe it or found it difficult to because of what my reference books were telling me. My reference books are not junk as some suggest. They list the same info as the FSM and the FPM. However they are incomplete. That by itself doesn't make my books useless if you know they are incomplete.