Ok so tonight I tackled the fuel sending unit install, directions are a little confusing but I'll do my best to describe it here.

1st take out the 4 bolts holding the upper and lower portions and remove the lower metal bar.

Next measure the tank depth and devide by 2 then add 1/8" for the gasket. Make the center of the pivot on the reostat to the bottom of the gasket that measurement.

Then install the float rod to where the top of the float is equal to the bottom of the gasket.

(Here is a handy tip, The directions say to then cut the rod to length amd cut off the two ears on the bottom of the reostat. However with a pair of dikes you can snip off the remainder of the arm and bend the ears back and forth until theu break off without putting amy stress on the reostat. This will minimize metal shavings associated with a cutoff disc.)
Next I tested it with an ohm meter as per the directions. My son helped with the pictures since he happened to walk in the garage to tell me we were about to finish the Karate kid 2. He is 9 and I hope some of this runs off on him. wink

Last but not least. Pay attention to the bolt hole setup as it will only install 1 way. The holes are not evenly spaced. This had me scratching my head for a bit.

Hope to tackle the fuel pump soon and get this bad boy installed but I had to go finish the Karate kid with the fam tonight!