2nd attempt, I called Taylor spark plug wire company to verify how they want their spark plug wires ohm tested on their Pro 8MM Spiral core brand. I had tested it correctly at the track yesterday but when I looked at the coil wire I didn't verified that is was the same brand and size as the spark plug wires, of course it wasn't realcrazy It had way more resistance than they recommend (350 ohms per foot),7.4 K ohms in less than 15 inches puke
I look at MSD site and tried to contact one of their techs on the phone, over one hour wait time so I read some of their common answers and question and they state to only use spiral wound resistor type wires on any of their race ignitions like the 7AL2 I use work shruggy
I had installed and was using a regular Autolite brand 7MM non spiral wire core when I look at it today, it was a standard type used on normal street cars realcrazy It had worked okay for a while whistling Not anymore, evidently work luck
I replaced it with a new Taylor 8MM spiral core wire like all the other ignition wires on the car so hopefully that gremlin is behind me.
Now to find a good safe testing place close to Bend to do some real short WOT testing off the tranny brake luck
More to follow shruggy

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 05/02/17 02:25 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)