Originally Posted By amxautox
What kind of truck is this engine going in? And what are your plans/use for the truck? Towing, drag racing, hiway travel, to and from work?

Thanks for asking, it is going in an 86 W-100 that I have painstakingly restored to very nice condition.

Plans with it are to take it too shows/drive occasionally. Little highway travel.

Id like to build the truck to sound nasty and still be able to pass my daily driver.

Id like to not just throw in one of them thumper cams and call it a day, Id like to have that everyone turns their head to look sound but also know that Ive done everything I could to enhance the performance of the machine.

I have a 67 Falcon that has a 289 in it build by a local legend, it sounds nasty, revs quick and while its prob. not gonna break any sound barriers is quick enough to accelerate to satisfy my needs.

Not looking for a tire peeler, its a 6000 pound 4 wheel drive truck and Id have to buy the tires even if it could/would. Im just looking to enhance anything I can and have a real head turner.