I've always question magazine writers that become motor experts and recommend some stuff that doesn't work or are not needed, especially on BB Mopar V8 shruggy
I was and am privilege to have known and receive mentoring from Mopar drag racing greats like Dick and Mike Landy, Joe Alread, John Deiana (SP?), Bob Lambeck confused and many other west coast BB and Hemi Mopar drag racers, none of them ever suggested reaming or enlarging the main oil galleys work
I have seen oil restrictors in some of the blocks that the Rod Shop had built and sold to one of my customers, they where in all of the cam oil feeds from the main bearing passages, .060 or so.
I am not a all out drag racer, more of a bracket and Super class racer so most of my motors don't see north of 8000 RPM, ever shruggy
I am a firm believer in using full groove main bearings and high volume oil pumps and plenty of oil in the oil pans along with a minimum of .001 + oil clearance for each one inch of crankshaft rod or main bearing journal size up
IHTH some luck

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)