Poked a dental pick into pushrod cup hole, managed to get the cup and with a mighty pull the cup came out. However not able to get 'piston' out. Magnetized a screwdriver, stuck it into 'piston' or whatever it is called,. Upon pulling it out, this metallic debris was affixed to the screwdriver, suggesting some catastrophic internal failure had occurred,,,,likely what too had befallen the original failure a couple of years and likely less than 2,000 miles ago. My suspicion is that this failure is not likely an oil failure.

I did have Morel on my short list for lifters, this whole business of lifters and who.makes what for whom was as being in the twilight zone, chasing down rabbbit holes. As I consider myself as somewhat a rookie on this whole complex topic of valve train components, I went with Crower. A main reason being that from what I could tell, but could not confirm is that Morel has 2 levels of products, one of which is retailed by various after market resellers claiming Morel as supplier at around 500 plus dollars and another which is much more costly, but sold by whom I never did determine.

Today is Saturday, Crower not available to speak to, however will be calling them Monday. If I now own another set of Scorpions, this would not be good.

Perhaps you could offer information on Morel's products and from whom I might acquire them and be certain that they truly are Morel's product and not just another reseller claiming that they are.

I did have a chance to examine the refurbishment and upgrade you performed on John's Indy heads. To my limited ability, they appeared first class and I believe he consulted you on the balance of his valve train components, thence my offhand comment that you and he were 'dealing' with the problems that may have been inherent from the beginning when his engine was originally built by a very known Mopar high performance engine builder. Please accept my apology if I had assumed incorrectly.

If I could easily replace what I have with a solid roller I would do so in a heartbeat. Even in a moment of insanity had considered running a solid roller on my hydraulic cam,,,,as some did or tried to with flat tappet cams when I was a kid.

Some have reported that 'older' Crane hydraulic lifters were excellent. 'Older' however was not defined,,,,perhaps before 2014? I can report that my 12 second small block destroked 400 inch 71 Corvette is still happily running the Crane flat tappet hydraulics and camshaft that were installed in the early 80's with nary a hiccup.

IMG_5397.JPGIMG_5398.JPG
Last edited by Sxrxrnr; 04/08/17 11:53 PM.