Originally Posted By clonedshaker+6
well it seams like everyone has there 2 cents BUT that bog/hesitation you get when you start laying on the throttle and the seconardies are opening is a LEAN BOG, the secondary carbs have no accelerator pumps so when those 2x500cfm carbs open up at the same time, that engine is getting a lot of extra air and it takes a bit for the fuel to catch up(the reason your primary has an accelerator pump). putting heavier springs in the seconardies will slow them and make the transition smoother. I have an LM2 in my car to watch the Air/Fuel and you can watch it go lean for a slit second

I agree. If you have a stumble/bog/hesitation and you change the vacum pod springs and it gets better then I agree slowing them up will not let them slam open to fast before the circuits in the end carbs start to work and deliver fuel. If you made no fuel changes but stop a lean bog you are just slowing up the end carbs. Course it sounds like the end carbs may be to lean for your combo and need more jet and so on. Good luck with it as adding the 02 is a good help and you are learning more about the setup as you go along. When you get into 540 Hemi's and add a six pack normal 440 six pack jetting wont work. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 04/06/17 01:06 PM.