Actually I will be glad to do that and yes I speak with first hand knowledge of the situation at KB. Myself, Ray Barton and Tim Banning are the dealers for KB as well as Victor Bray in Australia.
Since taking control of KB in mid January things have been moving very fast. Blocks from the foundry are pouring in and machining is progressing quite well. There are at least 15 blocks machined and awaiting sleeves and hardware at this moment. More coming everyday. The new ownership hit the ground running and some suppliers are racing to catch up. The sleeves will be 100% Darton and they ordered enough to last for months. Same with the ARP hardware.
ALL of the back ordered block customers have been contacted directly and some have already gotten blocks. Not as fast as they or we would like but more are coming in the VERY NEAR future as in the next couple weeks. Ken Sink who is the VP over at Milodon just told me on the phone that he has not seen the place as clean or as many blocks in the building in almost 25 years. There is a new website underway that will impress the most jaded customer. Real time updates and production right on the website. There is also some new literature that will be available to those who like to read real paper.
One of the major ways that they have improved production is to stream line it with less options and more standard features.
Darren and Tim have lit the fire and it is building quickly. For the time being at least all gear drive, oil pump, and Valve cover production will be halted to concentrate all efforts to making the best block quickly. It will take some time but the goal is to have the dealers stock blocks for immediate shipment or building with NO lag time.
Feel free to ask anything else you might have questions about.
Todd