KB blocks update

Posted By: Anonymous

KB blocks update - 10/29/16 03:34 AM

From Tim Banning today, "We are currently working with
a partner to resurrect KB. Should that happen, we will have blocks flowing
out fairly quickly.
Posted By: Viper469

Re: KB blocks update - 10/29/16 04:11 AM

Thats good news. Hopefully they can turn it around there at Keith Black Racing. They do produce some nice stuff, and i'd hate to see them go under.
i'll be putting my keith black block to good use come spring.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: KB blocks update - 10/29/16 04:55 AM

Nice.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: KB blocks update - 10/31/16 03:16 PM

Hope this works out!
Posted By: fbs63

Re: KB blocks update - 10/31/16 03:20 PM

I have been wondering why this has not happened a long time ago?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: KB blocks update - 10/31/16 03:26 PM

who's Tim Banning?
Posted By: d7cook

Re: KB blocks update - 10/31/16 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By Superfreak
From Tim Banning today, "We are currently working with
a partner to resurrect KB. Should that happen, we will have blocks flowing
out fairly quickly.

Ken told me some of this in August. Glad to hear Tim is involved. I'm holding on to hope I get my block!
Posted By: GY3

Re: KB blocks update - 10/31/16 05:20 PM

He's with For Hemis Only.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: KB blocks update - 10/31/16 06:18 PM

The last time I talked to Ken Black last year he was having quality control problems with his supplier of cores and the block castings, I hope he gets both of those problems resolves soon luck
Posted By: WedgeFED

Re: KB blocks update - 10/31/16 09:41 PM

Have heard some of this from Ken also last time we talked. Would be nice for Ken to keep us posted on what is going on thou...
Posted By: merpar

Re: KB blocks update - 03/29/17 06:08 PM

Quite a few guys on here speaking of Ken Black and Tim Banning with integrity. But have yet to see a reply from Ken or Tim. A word of truth and encouragement would mean a lot. I commend these guys that have been waiting over a year for a block. With hard earned money invested. Just asking Ken and Tim to speak up. Would mean a lot to these guys.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: KB blocks update - 03/29/17 06:30 PM

From KB...

https://scontent.flas1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v...amp;oe=595BE6C1
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: KB blocks update - 03/29/17 06:32 PM

That looks like a bunch of Canadian and Australian money right there.

Sheldon
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: KB blocks update - 03/29/17 06:34 PM

Actually I will be glad to do that and yes I speak with first hand knowledge of the situation at KB. Myself, Ray Barton and Tim Banning are the dealers for KB as well as Victor Bray in Australia.
Since taking control of KB in mid January things have been moving very fast. Blocks from the foundry are pouring in and machining is progressing quite well. There are at least 15 blocks machined and awaiting sleeves and hardware at this moment. More coming everyday. The new ownership hit the ground running and some suppliers are racing to catch up. The sleeves will be 100% Darton and they ordered enough to last for months. Same with the ARP hardware.
ALL of the back ordered block customers have been contacted directly and some have already gotten blocks. Not as fast as they or we would like but more are coming in the VERY NEAR future as in the next couple weeks. Ken Sink who is the VP over at Milodon just told me on the phone that he has not seen the place as clean or as many blocks in the building in almost 25 years. There is a new website underway that will impress the most jaded customer. Real time updates and production right on the website. There is also some new literature that will be available to those who like to read real paper.
One of the major ways that they have improved production is to stream line it with less options and more standard features.
Darren and Tim have lit the fire and it is building quickly. For the time being at least all gear drive, oil pump, and Valve cover production will be halted to concentrate all efforts to making the best block quickly. It will take some time but the goal is to have the dealers stock blocks for immediate shipment or building with NO lag time.
Feel free to ask anything else you might have questions about.
Todd
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: KB blocks update - 03/29/17 07:34 PM

And of course Marsh Performance is a vender to buy everything you need to put one together!! Todd is my MAN thumbs

Re: KB blocks update - 03/29/17 09:32 PM

I hope all of this is true. But I am one with over 7k invested, never get a return call, tim told me months ago he would call in a couple weeks. Never did. Also Told me they would not build the block I have on order. It is tough 18 months later still knowing nothing and having parts to build the motor I want and being told I might have to scrap the build to go a different route. Where is the integrity in all of it? They keep posting pictures of blocks, how bout some solid information. Please don't take me wrong but I really have been very patient in this whole deal. But I do agree Tim or Ken should step up and start talking to all of us. Or someone with solid information. Ken has been on here before..

Re: KB blocks update - 03/29/17 09:35 PM

ALL of the back ordered block customers have been contacted directly and some have already gotten blocks. Not as fast as they or we would like but more are coming in the VERY NEAR future as in the next couple weeks. Ken Sink who is the VP over at Milodon just told me on the phone that he has not seen the place as clean or as many blocks in the building in almost 25 years. There is a new website underway that will impress the most jaded customer. Real time updates and production right on the website. There is also some new literature that will be available to those who like to read real paper.
One of the major ways that they have improved production is to stream line it with less options and more standard features.
Darren and Tim have lit the fire and it is building quickly. For the time being at least all gear drive, oil pump, and Valve cover production will be halted to concentrate all efforts to making the best block quickly. It will take some time but the goal is to have the dealers stock blocks for immediate shipment or building with NO lag time.
Feel free to ask anything else you might have questions about.
Todd

I have not been contacted once in 18 months so this is not true. I was the one making the calls.
Greg S.

Re: KB blocks update - 03/29/17 10:34 PM

Well If you will call me at 336-283-0800 I personally will find out what is going on. TODD
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: KB blocks update - 03/30/17 12:09 AM

Will there be a mechanical fuel pump option?

Re: KB blocks update - 03/30/17 12:47 AM

Thank you Todd for the help and info. Looking forward to talking to you soon.
Greg S.

Re: KB blocks update - 03/30/17 01:16 AM

No on the mech fuel pump option. TOdd
Posted By: MattW

Re: KB blocks update - 03/30/17 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By sasquatch
No on the mech fuel pump option. TOdd

I'm hoping everything goes well to see what their plans are for a G3 block! up
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: KB blocks update - 03/30/17 01:49 AM

Well If you will call me at 336-283-0800 I personally will find out what is going on. TODD

Now that's what I call GREAT service.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: KB blocks update - 03/30/17 02:17 AM

As long as I've known Todd Marsh, he's been a stand up guy. If e tells you he is going to do something, he will do it. When they have a few more options on te raised cam deal, and I am still using Mopar stuff, I will not hesitate to buy from Todd just sayin!
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: KB blocks update - 04/05/17 07:37 PM

Any updates?
Will Ken answer the phone?
I have made many calls to him with no return call, why?

Re: KB blocks update - 04/05/17 08:31 PM

Because he is no longer answering the phones. If you need any information about block, or an existing order you can call me at 336-283-0800 Tim Banning or Ray Barton. For the time being these are the portals for information on the happenings at KB. This may change in the near future but for now that is the way it is. Ken is still there but his sole focus is making blocks. No pumps, no gear drives, no special orders. Just blocks.
Todd

Re: KB blocks update - 04/05/17 10:03 PM

Any news Todd???

Re: KB blocks update - 04/05/17 10:56 PM

Because he is no longer answering the phones. If you need any information about block, or an existing order you can call me at 336-283-0800 Tim Banning or Ray Barton. For the time being these are the portals for information on the happenings at KB. This may change in the near future but for now that is the way it is. Ken is still there but his sole focus is making blocks. No pumps, no gear drives, no special orders. Just blocks.
Todd

So you can't buy anything from KB? He had the stuff in stock when I picked up my block and I just wanted to discuss it with him.

Re: KB blocks update - 04/05/17 11:29 PM

Ray Barton told me if I can get my money back I can reorder a block from him and have a block in 8 weeks. If I could get my money back I would have a long time ago. This appears to be a loosing battle. Tim is no help either, just another one that will not return calls. Not a good way to keep a name for a business. Sorry Todd there is nothing against you as for you have been the only one that cares. I just hope it works out sooner than later.

Re: KB blocks update - 04/05/17 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By 71birdJ68

Why would you build a racing engine with a mechanical fuel pump?
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: KB blocks update - 04/05/17 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By Biginchmopar

Why would you build a racing engine with a mechanical fuel pump?

You can get a piston style fuel pump for the stock location that will support 2000hp.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 12:12 AM

Because if you're trying to disguise a engine to look stock so that 99 out of a hundred people won't know the difference, then you would want a mech pump. Most small Mopar shows I could enter in the B body stock class, and be ok, they usually allow 3 to 4 major mods.
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 01:14 AM

Because if you're trying to disguise a engine to look stock so that 99 out of a hundred people won't know the difference, then you would want a mech pump. Most small Mopar shows I could enter in the B body stock class, and be ok, they usually allow 3 to 4 major mods.

You could bolt up a dummy pump and use a hidden electric (in tank?) to push fuel through it.
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By WedgeFED
Ray Barton told me if I can get my money back I can reorder a block from him and have a block in 8 weeks. If I could get my money back I would have a long time ago. This appears to be a loosing battle. Tim is no help either, just another one that will not return calls. Not a good way to keep a name for a business. Sorry Todd there is nothing against you as for you have been the only one that cares. I just hope it works out sooner than later.

I realize you've been waiting forever but it sounds like your a royal pain in the butt.
Calling everybody under the sun to get your block the come here and complain nobody cares.
Maybe just maybe resurrecting kb is more than just satisfying YOU.
Once you see blocks everywhere and you haven't gotten yours start complaining.
I've been to FHO and he doesn't even have blocks yet so I dont know how you would

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 03:02 AM

I realize you've been waiting forever but it sounds like your a royal pain in the butt.
Calling everybody under the sun to get your block the come here and complain nobody cares.
Maybe just maybe resurrecting kb is more than just satisfying YOU.
Once you see blocks everywhere and you haven't gotten yours start complaining.
I've been to FHO and he doesn't even have blocks yet so I dont know how you would

Shadow,
I have been very patient thru this whole deal. As for calling me a royal pain in the ass that is your opinion and you have all the right to say what you feel. It is not about satisfying just me. It is about integrity, when you say you are going to return a call you do it. I am not demanding a block, I would just like some honesty in this deal or even an approx. time frame of how this is going to be handled. I have made a few calls just to inquire on what is going to happen. Everyone needs to know how flighty this deal has been. It has been 18 months and I am the one that is out $7,150 so I do have the right to be a little upset. I work hard for every dollar I earn and the parts I have to throw out to start over because they will not build the block I ordered is also a factor. So take it how you want...
Posted By: rickraw

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 03:12 AM

He would probably do the same thing if he was in ur shoes.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 03:36 AM

I feel bad for everyone that is still waiting.Remember, this all just took place a month and a half ago. Talk to Todd. He or his wife usually answer the phone. They are straight up people. You may not like what he tells you on a time frame, but he has never failed to deliver, at least to me. Barton has always been that way, so I don't expect anything to change with him, but I won't go into that. I really think the reason Ken isn't answering the phone, is for our benefit. I would be livid if I were you and I get it. Talk to Todd. At least they didn't file chapter 7.
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 03:49 AM

Wedge I truly feel for you and what you've endured to get your block but until 3 months ago the truth be known you weren't getting anything for your 7150.
I can tell you lots of people are waiting but bashing somebody who is trying to make good on a deal gone bad for you isnt right IMO.

Would you rather just be told what you want to hear like you have been for the last 15 months?

Once the blocks start flowing I'm sure you'll get a solid answer.

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By camastomcat
I feel bad for everyone that is still waiting.Remember, this all just took place a month and a half ago. Talk to Todd. He or his wife usually answer the phone. They are straight up people. You may not like what he tells you on a time frame, but he has never failed to deliver, at least to me. Barton has always been that way, so I don't expect anything to change with him, but I won't go into that. I really think the reason Ken isn't answering the phone, is for our benefit. I would be livid if I were you and I get it. Talk to Todd. At least they didn't file chapter 7.

Yes I have talked to Todd. Todd was very straight with me and I am very thankful that he is here to help.

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 06:56 AM

Guys
First as I have told most of the customers with back ordered blocks who I have spoken with, your frustration is understood and warranted. If there is anyone reading this that has not been contacted by myself, Ray or Tim please call me at 336-283-0800. The list of these situations was long and quite varied with almost everyone having a slightly different issue. It is also noted that the blocks are not flowing out as quickly as we would like. Pulling this deal out of the ash heap, like most worthwhile endeavors, comes with some problems that are not always quick, easy or simple to solve. In this case you are dealing with 3 companies (ARP, Darton and the foundry) that are all single source suppliers. Where else are you going to get that stuff? NOW blaming any of these guys is misplaced as they were simply not ready for the volume of orders that were placed shortly after the take over. All three have since come on strong and large orders for all of these are now flowing into the plant. Remember we are talking about a block here with very critical QC requirements for every aspect of it. Multi billion Dollar companies struggle with this (Think Mopar blocks) and we all see how well that is going). The KBs have long been regarded as the best block out there for what they are made for. YES I know that we now have Billet blocks and all of that.The first order of business is to see to it that they stay that way.
I understand that most if not all of the customers I have talked to just want their dang block. I understand that a lot of them have been more than patient. I will do everything I can to help anyone in this situation. I also have money and skin in this game. So does Ray, Tim, Darren and Victor. We here you, we are all trying to push the car out of the ditch. Things are getting better everyday. It is just a pretty deep ditch.
Todd

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 08:10 AM

Todd
Thanks for posting some info on this forum, lots of people frustrated for good reason. All most want is an update some info of any type.

Sounds like it is going to be more of a waiting period then first projected.

Thanks again!
Posted By: racerx

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 11:26 AM

It has been 18 months and I am the one that is out $7,150 so I do have the right to be a little upset
^^^IS this just a block?^^^^ work or is this some sort extra machining ?
Posted By: fastmark

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 02:19 PM

I'm building a motor from Tim right now and he has been helpful all along. Yes he is a little hard to talk with but not near as bad as most. He and these other guys have really bitten off a lot to chew here. They realize that this thing will pay off for them in the end but it is was not cheap. They could have let all the back orders and money paid to Ken not be part of the deal. They chose to step up and satisfy all of the back orders as fast as financially possible. I think they will come through for everyone. Be patient with them. It's like the air bag recall that hit the auto industry. If they had corrected all of them at once, the dealers would be out of business because they could only work on free warranty work and no service work. These guys assumed a lot of debt in these backorders and they really did not have to do that. They just think it's the right thing to do. I think you will get your paid for blocks.

Re: KB blocks update - 04/06/17 04:47 PM

^^^IS this just a block?^^^^ work or is this some sort extra machining ?

Just a low deck block with bushed lifter bores and hydraulic oiling.. Was to be finished machined but take that as close.
Posted By: B1duster

Re: KB blocks update - 04/15/17 06:48 PM

So when would a guy be able to pick up the phone, order a block, and take delivery soon after, with no worries ????
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: KB blocks update - 04/15/17 06:56 PM

Call Todd and he'll tell you.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: KB blocks update - 04/16/17 01:36 AM

We here you, we are all trying to push the car out of the ditch. Things are getting better everyday. It is just a pretty deep ditch.
Todd[/quote]

I've seen your driving, I know why your car is in the ditch!!!

smile
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: KB blocks update - 04/16/17 02:19 AM

A comment from the peanut gallery.....

In my best arm chair quarterback voice......."what I woulda done is........."

I would have just told everyone right from the beginning that the whole shibang needs to be reorganized, and that it would probably be 9-12 months before any blocks started coming down the pipeline.
Then you wouldn't be getting those "where's my block, where my block, where's my block?" Phone calls all the time, and if the production worked out so that blocks started rolling out the door sooner than that, then you would look like heros.
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: KB blocks update - 04/16/17 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
A comment from the peanut gallery.....

In my best arm chair quarterback voice......."what I woulda done is........."

I would have just told everyone right from the beginning that the whole shibang needs to be reorganized, and that it would probably be 9-12 months before any blocks started coming down the pipeline.

The problem with that approach is that when blocks do get shipped people will spill the beans online and the cat's outta the bag. It would be very impractical hoarding all those blocks waiting for an arbitrary release date, they're kinda big and heavy. Also, gotta ship product to pay the bills. I believe they're doing the best they can. I already have a KB block on the shelf so no skin in this one. Just lurking and enjoying the drama.
popcorn

Re: KB blocks update - 04/16/17 08:31 PM

The first block from castings delivered since the take over was shipped to the customer this week. Less than 90 days since takeover and finished blocks are rolling off the line again. Again not as fast as we would like but the situation is improving rapidly. Darton and Arp delivered large quantities of sleeves and bolts as well. The goal is to have blocks in stock ready for immediate shipment in about 6 months but all of the existing orders are a priority.
Todd
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: KB blocks update - 04/16/17 08:51 PM

GREAT news.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: KB blocks update - 04/16/17 11:18 PM

It's amazing how all those supposed problems with the foundry in California having to deal with regulations, sleeve suppliers not delivering orders, blah, blah, blah.......magically disappear when the places buying the goods can actually pay for them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums