Fred called me and wanted a set of hemi heads ported --I says OK send them to me--we maxed those heads out and sent them back--he says how much? I said I am in need of an engagement ring --( his Dad and family owned a shop in Philly) he laughed out loud and says you just name what you want and it will be on the way--So I get this big plan to ask my girl and the deadline approached --had it delivered to my Grandmas house so no one would know--My 96 year old grandma phones and says--Fed Ex truck is here " The eagle has landed" What a memory! Trading hemi port work for a ring so ya know I am a Mopar gearhead to the core! He put those heads on the car and the next week end is when he landed it on the guardrail--he laughed it off a kept on driving the heck out of that car
Fred was always a good guy--he started having health issues so he decided to take a load of parts to Carlisle and raise some funds--I said I will come up and help you--I arrived --he had his posse of neighborhood guys--all pitched in to load a trailer full of goodies--we went and it was one of those 102 degree shows--Fred stayed in the truck with the AC running--I sold what I could for what I could get- and we drove home with the loot---A week later he sent me a nice tip for my efforts--He was a first class guy--I always will remember going to the shop downtown Philly--meeting his Dad and visiting the best pastry shop in Philly--He treated me first class!! RIP{ Fred