Moparts

Hemi Fred pass away?

Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 07:20 PM

Just seen on facebook a donald hunt tagged fred in a post he passed away like 20 minutes ago?
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 07:45 PM

a friend just text me saying he passed today...

lots of people saying RIP on his FB page too..

https://www.facebook.com/fred.ristagno
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 07:51 PM

Very sad...Fred was a good guy. He helped me out a time or two and I never even met the man. Didn't he have some heart problems?
Posted By: feets

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 08:04 PM

Goodbye Fred.

Thanks for everything.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 08:09 PM

I hate to read this. Fred is one of a few guys on this board I would've liked to sit down and listen to his stories over some cold beverages.

The front brakes on my Dart came from Fred, he bought them for his S&M Duster but they wouldn't work because of something S&M had done to the spindles.

Gods speed Fred.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 08:12 PM

Aw, that's too bad. My husband and I met him in Indianapolis at Monster Mopar a few years ago.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 08:19 PM

Godspeed Fred.
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 08:35 PM

Was at Atco when he crashed the Duster, was unbelievable. Back in the pits people were crowding around to see what happened. He was probably shaken up pretty good but he seemed to be laughing it off. I didn't know him really but he seemed like a really cool cat. RIP.

Way too many of these posts lately.
Posted By: TheHemi

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 08:52 PM

RIP Hemi Fred

I never met him in person, but had fun working with him a few website projects over the years. As you all indicate, he could always tell you a great story or offer invaluable advice.
Posted By: Dartari

Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 09:03 PM

I just saw on Facebook that Hemi Fred has passed away RIP ๐Ÿ˜ž
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 09:04 PM

We keep loosing the good ones. Very sad.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 09:05 PM

angel
Posted By: HogRidinFool

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 09:11 PM

Fred and his wife paid us a visit at the Mopar Booth in Carlisle. I heard of him, but never met. It was as hot as could be and they were wondering if we could help us get him to his motorhome parked up front. He was struggling, so we loaded he and his wife up in the golf cart and took him to his motorhome. Nice people and very grateful for the help. RIP sir.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 09:19 PM

R.I.P Fred๐Ÿ˜‡
Posted By: flypaper

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 09:25 PM

RIP angel
Posted By: Eric

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 09:25 PM

Always enjoyed chatting with Fred. We lost another long time member. RIP HemiFred.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 09:26 PM

Same here, posted a couple hours ago.

RIP my friend ... angel

For those on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/fred.ristagno
Posted By: moparts

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 09:27 PM

Yes RIP Fred and you will be missed.

Ran into you many times over the years, Spent a lot of time under the Moparts Tent entertaining us with your stories from back in the day grin

First at E Town , then after you bought the Hemi Dave's Duster

Again at Maple Grove show

And last saw you at Carlisle when you were set up in the swap area selling lots of Hemi Parts.

angel
Posted By: theraif

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 09:29 PM

angel
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 09:29 PM

RIP Fred. Very sorry to hear this.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 09:43 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this news. Fred was one of a kind. Funny, kind, and generous.Dave
Posted By: feets

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 09:46 PM

Here's a good pic from his FB page.

Attached picture HemiFred.jpg
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 10:01 PM

Thank you Fred!RIP
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 10:02 PM

GEEEEZ. Terrible news.
R.I.P. Fred, thanks for bringing smiles to so many MoPar guys!
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 10:23 PM

angel
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 10:23 PM

angel
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 10:26 PM

How old was Fred?
Posted By: furious70

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 10:41 PM

RIP Fred
Posted By: 440GTX

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 10:47 PM

GODSPEED HEMI FRED .......
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 10:48 PM

RIP HemiFred frown
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 10:54 PM

angel
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 11:07 PM

RIP fred
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 11:10 PM

I met him at Carlisle. He struck me as nothing less than a stand up decent gentleman.

I watched him make a pass at South Mountain with the S&M car. I commented on here at the time that they needed to change his name from Hemi Fred to Never Lift Fred.

Historical significance notwithstanding it was a race car and he drove it as such.

drive angel

Kevin
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 11:12 PM

Sorry to hear this.

Sheldon
Posted By: old_racer

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 11:21 PM

met him once at Monster Mopar at Indy, neat guy! gods speed Fred
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 11:24 PM

Very sorry to hear this. Rest in Peace Hemi Fred .....
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 11:29 PM

Rest in Peace Fred
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 11:42 PM

Sorry to hear this.. I knew Fred for about
12 years.. I will miss him.. good by old
friend.. Gods speed angel
wave
Posted By: dvw

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 11:47 PM

To bad, Prayers for him and his family. I always enjoyed his posts.
Doug
Posted By: BradH

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/28/17 11:53 PM

Sorry to hear this. I last spoke to him at Chryslers at Carlisle 2016. We have (had?) a mutual friend who left the area and I'd lost touch with years ago. Fred got me caught up on what happened, which I really appreciated.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/28/17 11:58 PM

Sorry to hear this.
Posted By: Not_A_Duster

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 12:03 AM

Terrible news.

Unlike others, I never met him, nor did I ever speak to him. But I always enjoyed his posts, and remember the misadventure with the Duster quite clearly.

There are people who make places like this much better... IMO, he always did that when posting here.

angel
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 12:15 AM

I am heart-broken. He did not deserve the pain that he went through...First, losing his wife, then only son shortly after. His heart of gold was truly unmatched. Since friending Fred, my life was made instantly better. He made me feel like a true friend, even though I seemed to be a kid in his giant Mopar-World. His phone calls knew no time limit. He'd call just to explain some hillbilly/genius invention or application he just figured out. He is feeling no more pain. This last year, was hardest, second only to the year he lost his wife and son. They are all united now, and he is roasting peppers for Jesus and the saints, I am sure of it. He made the Mopar events he attended, a notch better. His intellect, know-how, experience, and humor will be extremely hard to replace. I surely feel, that he and the other Mopar greats we have lost lately, are bench racing, eating, drinking, and somehow getting into mischief in heaven, and God is letting him get away with it, just laughing. There is a special place in heaven for guys like HemiFred, and I myself, can only hope to catch a short glimpse of that hollowed ground. RIP my friend. The world is a much-lesser place.

Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 12:32 AM

I remember Fred over the years as a guy who was always willing to share advice or an experience. He always had something cool he was driving/racing and although I never met him, struck me as a guy who was full of life. So sorry to hear of his passing.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 12:46 AM

That last picture sums up Hemi Fred to a "T"! RIP Fred... angel

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 12:48 AM

He "popped" his belly button shortly before this pic...lol at least 3 that passed away in that pic...sad..Hi John..

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 12:49 AM

Roaring Hemi at Carlisle..Rare vid with his son...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAL5PtpcQAo
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 01:06 AM

Fred called me and wanted a set of hemi heads ported --I says OK send them to me--we maxed those heads out and sent them back--he says how much? I said I am in need of an engagement ring --( his Dad and family owned a shop in Philly) he laughed out loud and says you just name what you want and it will be on the way--So I get this big plan to ask my girl and the deadline approached --had it delivered to my Grandmas house so no one would know--My 96 year old grandma phones and says--Fed Ex truck is here " The eagle has landed" What a memory! Trading hemi port work for a ring so ya know I am a Mopar gearhead to the core! He put those heads on the car and the next week end is when he landed it on the guardrail--he laughed it off a kept on driving the heck out of that car
Fred was always a good guy--he started having health issues so he decided to take a load of parts to Carlisle and raise some funds--I said I will come up and help you--I arrived --he had his posse of neighborhood guys--all pitched in to load a trailer full of goodies--we went and it was one of those 102 degree shows--Fred stayed in the truck with the AC running--I sold what I could for what I could get- and we drove home with the loot---A week later he sent me a nice tip for my efforts--He was a first class guy--I always will remember going to the shop downtown Philly--meeting his Dad and visiting the best pastry shop in Philly--He treated me first class!! RIP{ Fred
Posted By: DusTed74

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 01:06 AM

R.I.P. Fred
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 01:30 AM

Hemi Fred was one of the first people I became friends with on here... Never got the chance to meet him, but he got all my respect...

RIP Hemi Fred
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 01:35 AM

So long Fred, tell Ronnie, Donnie and Stewart "Hey!" for us.
Posted By: RalphsRapidTrnst

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 01:53 AM

So sad to hear the news. A truly great person and an asset to our hobby. Fred you will be missed.

Attached picture IMG_8165.JPG
Posted By: Michael

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 02:11 AM

RIP
Posted By: 71sat440

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 02:19 AM

RIP angel

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 02:57 AM

I am heart-broken. He did not deserve the pain that he went through...First, losing his wife, then only son shortly after. His heart of gold was truly unmatched. Since friending Fred, my life was made instantly better. He made me feel like a true friend, even though I seemed to be a kid in his giant Mopar-World. His phone calls knew no time limit. He'd call just to explain some hillbilly/genius invention or application he just figured out. He is feeling no more pain. This last year, was hardest, second only to the year he lost his wife and son. They are all united now, and he is roasting peppers for Jesus and the saints, I am sure of it. He made the Mopar events he attended, a notch better. His intellect, know-how, experience, and humor will be extremely hard to replace. I surely feel, that he and the other Mopar greats we have lost lately, are bench racing, eating, drinking, and somehow getting into mischief in heaven, and God is letting him get away with it, just laughing. There is a special place in heaven for guys like HemiFred, and I myself, can only hope to catch a short glimpse of that hollowed ground. RIP my friend. The world is a much-lesser place.
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 02:59 AM

Godspeed Fred, you will be missed angel

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 03:06 AM

That is very sad news.
What did Fred to for a living besides having a great time with Hemi's?
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 03:13 AM

God Speed Hemifred angel
You and your contributions will be sorely missed!

Great stories sunroof and crabman, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 03:31 AM

Sad to hear this news. I talked to him briefly at Carlisle last year. I also met him at Atco many years ago. I sold him a door for the duster after he wrecked it on the guard rail. He said he paid more for the gas to pick the door up then what he paid for the door itself. The duster is actually a 72 but was made to look like a 73.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By Superfreak
That is very sad news.
What did Fred to for a living besides having a great time with Hemi's?

He was a diamond man, literally and figuratively... thumbs
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 03:48 AM

What a great man, honored to have met him at Englishtown a few times. RIP angel
Posted By: missile fan

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 03:48 AM

very sad news

I met Hemi Fred in Henderson the year the Mopar Missile duster was there.

I took a lot of photos of his Sox & Martin Duster ( a lot of roll cage photos)

Fred took the time to tell me about the car and what parts of the roll

were modified in recent years to pass tech

Fred also took time to autograph some old photos of the Duster

At the Hemi Reunion, to see Freds Sox Duster race the Motown Missie

that was so cool

I always enjoyed reading what Fred said on this (web site)

Fred will be missed
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 03:48 AM

RIP Fred!
Posted By: Mr. Smurf

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 03:49 AM

Another good one gone.......

RIP, Fred.

Ed
Posted By: duster400

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 03:53 AM

RIP Fred.
Posted By: A12

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 04:33 AM

RIP and God Speed Fred angel

MikeR
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 04:45 AM

Very sad news.

RIP Fred.......
Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 05:09 AM

I met him once. He was lying on his back in Beaver Springs. RIP
Posted By: 383man

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 05:21 AM

So sorry to hear such sad news. RIP Fred. angel Ron
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 05:28 AM

You could not have said it better.We spoke on the phone just a month ago.Loosing too many GOOD guys. RACE IN PEACE FRED. frown
Originally Posted By sunroofgtx

Attached picture IMG_0768.JPG
Attached picture CARLISLE 7.11 090.JPG
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 06:15 AM

Bio Condois, Mi Amigo up
In English, Go with God, my friend bow
He was a good man, he will be missed whiney
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 06:44 AM

That's a shame. He will be missed by everyone.
Posted By: Hemi_Jack

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 06:44 AM

RIP angel
Posted By: Hemi_Jack

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 06:52 AM

RIP Fred angel
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By stumpy
We keep loosing the good ones. Very sad.
One thing all these car message boards have proven to me over the years - the good guys all go first. I can't even begin to count.

R.I.P Fred - we PM'd years ago about the old NY street racing scene and how he bought parts from Brooklyn Heavy - guys on the roof with guns as he rolled up, he was a wealth of information and great stories.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 11:44 AM

Wow....Talked with him many times over the years. Great guy to deal with too. Bought a lot of parts off him too...RIP

I did not know his health was that bad.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 01:12 PM

Race in Piece Hemi Fred
Posted By: donscuda

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 01:32 PM

Rest in Peace Fred, you'll be missed angel
Posted By: FrankenScamp

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 01:56 PM

RIP Fred angel
Posted By: KOS

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 02:34 PM

He went the extra mile to help me out .....RIP Fred
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 02:41 PM

Rest In Peace Hemi Fred!
Matt
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 02:58 PM

All at BGR are saddened by the loss of our good friend,Hemi Fred.I personally will miss Fred and his crazy phone calls.We always had a great time when we would get together at the races and when he came to the shop.
RIP my friend
Bob
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 03:01 PM

God Speed Hemi Fred...
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 03:14 PM

I never got the chance to meet him, but he was def. a good guy. I was looking at making a semi-large purchase from someone and he sent me a PM to call him...never spoke to him prior to this. I called and he gave me the 411 on the deal, saved me a big headache! That phone call lasted a lot longer than I expected and really enjoyed talking to him. He went out of his way to help someone he didn't really know other than a few messages back and forth here on Moparts. Another good one gone. angel
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 04:12 PM

RIP. Hemi Fred
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 04:22 PM

God speed Fred.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 04:35 PM

Sorry to hear the sad news.

Fred was a good egg.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 06:16 PM

Sorry to hear the news..

RIP HemiFred...
Posted By: davesmopars

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 06:33 PM

RIP Fred
Posted By: Harley

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 06:34 PM

RIP Fred

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 06:58 PM

http://www.monti-ragofuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/2889935/Ristagno-Alfred/obituary.php

Posted By: topside

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 07:00 PM

Sad to hear. Years ago when I was in NJ I'd looked him up just based on his reputation, was invited over, but couldn't find his place in the time I had, and have regretted that ever since. Had to settle for the occasional internet back-and-forth, but it was obvious that he was quite a character and would have been fun to hang out with.

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By Twostick
I met him at Carlisle. He struck me as nothing less than a stand up decent gentleman.

I watched him make a pass at South Mountain with the S&M car. I commented on here at the time that they needed to change his name from Hemi Fred to Never Lift Fred.

Historical significance notwithstanding it was a race car and he drove it as such.

drive angel

Kevin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esBZlzPc384&feature=youtu.be

Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 08:37 PM

As others have already stated Fred was an asset to our forum and will be greatly missed. Rest in peace Fred.
Posted By: daron

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 08:56 PM

I would seem to me that the man upstairs is putting together one heck of a racing team RIP FRED
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 09:19 PM

R.I.P. fred

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/29/17 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By abodyjoe

drive angel

Kevin
THAT is true he drove the sh*% out of whatever he was in the seat of He took a S%M car on the guardrail--beat the rocker back out and went again the next week---Ole Fred had one of the most solid "old school" history books in the business--he did it--he LOVED it and he really loved folks and helped everybody that crossed his path His posse around his home was solid and loyal as could be--it was obvious to me they loved the guy--and respected him--
He turned me on to a couple of recipes--the wildest tuna sandwich mix ever! Showed me how to grade Cragar Super tricks and buy them, my truck had engine light come on while visiting he made one phon ecall I went down the street two blocks busted in line and was done , fixed, and gone in 15 minutes for a wave--
he took me to a Fuel injection guru he knew --who in 10 minutes told me how to do my Hilborn and it worked perfect ever since!
He was a hustler!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esBZlzPc384&feature=youtu.be

Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 10:08 PM

This is terrible news. Fred was such a good guy. I've known Fred for about 10 years. He bought my black Duster back in '09. Very sad news. Rest in peace, my friend.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 10:35 PM

I always thought he was cool as heck, I wish I could have met him.
RIP.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/29/17 11:58 PM

dam another good one gone, RIP Fred
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/30/17 01:23 AM

I met him at Atco a few years back. He was really busy with his Duster at the time so we don't get to talk much. I hate he passed away as he had a lot of knowledge and seemed like a good person. RIP Fred !!
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/30/17 03:42 AM

Always enjoyed his phone calls....I usually just listened while he talked with some of his crazy stories....I will miss him as well.

Anyone know more about what happened? I do not have Faceblock and cannot see anything of his on that sight.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/30/17 01:26 PM

Sorry to read this. I talked to Fred several times on the phone. He sent pictures of the Dusters Moon Shot and the 57 Plymouth Pro Mod to my grandson. And who can forget the Pimp Doll? RIP Fred.... angel
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/30/17 02:39 PM

A 'salt of the earth' kinda guy. RIP Fred.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/30/17 03:04 PM

Rip Fred, prayers for his family.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/30/17 03:31 PM

angel
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/30/17 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By 6PakBee
How old was Fred?

According to a relative on FB , maybe a niece?? , he was 70ish
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/30/17 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
Sorry to read this. I talked to Fred several times on the phone. He sent pictures of the Dusters Moon Shot and the 57 Plymouth Pro Mod to my grandson. And who can forget the Pimp Doll? RIP Fred.... angel

So long to my Pimp Doll buddy.

Attached picture 100_1001.JPG

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/30/17 10:31 PM

Had a very interesting talk with him at Monster Mopar in Indy a few years ago. Gave him a hug too, which he seemed to enjoy. LOL.

RIP Fred. xoxo

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/30/17 10:35 PM

drive angel

Kevin

Yes he beat the snot out of that car and I loved it! I think Ronnie did too. I know they became friends later in life.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/31/17 12:44 AM

Dang it! R.I.P. Fred angel
Posted By: MadMopars

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/31/17 04:42 AM

Rest in peace Fred. angel
Posted By: therocks

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/31/17 05:28 AM

RIP Fred.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/31/17 02:21 PM

sad to hear of another very respected member passing on. R.I.P. fred, even if i never had the privilege to have met you.
angel
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/31/17 03:42 PM

RIP Fred angel
Posted By: dart games

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/31/17 05:39 PM

i just talked to fred about a week ago,they cancelled his operation and he went home,was going to buy a bunch of parts from him,rip fred
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 03/31/17 05:46 PM

RIP Fred
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Hemi Fred - 03/31/17 07:29 PM

RIP
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 04/01/17 05:44 AM

I always enjoyed Fred's posts. I remember the day he put up the pictures of that Duster doing the monster wheelie and coming down on the guardrail. He was so cool about the entire deal. Someone asked, "What was going through your mind when your back bumper hit the ground?" Fred said, "I was thinking, YEEEEEEHAAAAAW!!!"
Posted By: Stroked_Hemi

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 04/01/17 06:29 AM

Sadly rarely checking up on Moparts... to spot this very unfortunate thread tonight.. sad to read the loss of Fred, last time I saw him was in York, PA about 12 years ago, dug up an old picture. Remembered, as a great person, welcomed me to visit for a Ronnie Sox event, inspired me to build my tribute car back then, super friendly welcome, as I traveled from Canada by myself, he made sure I arrived ok, even rang me up in my hotel room the next morning to make sure I arrived, for someone that I never met, he was like a friend within a minute I met him. A minute, a lifetime, would have been what I enjoyed spending with Fred. RIP our friend, sincere condolences.
Mike

Attached picture Fed_and_I.jpg
Posted By: racerhog

Re: Hemi Fred - 04/02/17 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By hemi-itis
You could not have said it better.We spoke on the phone just a month ago.Loosing too many GOOD guys. RACE IN PEACE FRED. frown
Originally Posted By sunroofgtx

R.I.P. HEMI FRED...... From the West Coast.... frown
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 04/02/17 09:35 PM

frown

I sent him a hand-drawn pic of an S&M car that I had saved from a car mag years ago. He said he had never seen that particular pic before and was very glad to have it.
RIP, Fred. angel

Tim
Posted By: dare_dude

Re: Hemi Fred - 04/03/17 03:51 AM

Thoughts and Prayers for friends and Family!
Posted By: 3twos

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 04/03/17 03:52 PM

sad news to hear. RIP Fred
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: Hemi Fred - 04/04/17 01:41 AM

RIP Fred. Great guy and I enjoyed seeing him at the track. When he was testing his turbo road runner,he was having problems with the tranny. They had it out of the car,apart and back together and made another pass in about an hour and a half. Very impressive and knowledge guy. We will miss him
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 04/04/17 06:45 PM

Nice guy.RIP Fred youll be missed! angel
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 04/04/17 07:54 PM

RIP Fred
Posted By: Robbins

Re: Hemi Fred - 04/04/17 11:44 PM

Man.....
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Hemi Fred - 04/07/17 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By DusterDave
This is terrible news. Fred was such a good guy. I've known Fred for about 10 years. He bought my black Duster back in '09. Very sad news. Rest in peace, my friend.

In May of 2009 was the only time time Duster Dave's and my car were together.Fred will forever be a good memory in my head bow

Attached picture IMG_1879.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1875.JPG
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Hemi Fred - 04/07/17 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By hemi-itis
Originally Posted By DusterDave

In May of 2009 was the only time time Duster Dave's and my car were together.Fred will forever be a good memory in my head bow

Thanks for posting those pics, Al. First time seeing them. Of course you just had to park yours just a nose ahead of the Duster in that pic......LOL It's a shame you and Fred didn't grab lanes and square off that day!
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Hemi Fred pass away? - 04/08/17 06:56 PM

May Fred rest in peace.
© 2024 Moparts Forums