Thanks.

I thought I'd take the time to give everyone an update (more of an anti-update, really! )

As Cody mentioned, I ran into a couple snags with the car;

- When I went to put in the gas tank I discovered (to my horror) that I didn't have any brackets for the straps. Seems that the previous owner didn't bother putting them back on when they did thier "hack job" trunk floor replacement. When my bodyshop redid the floor properly they didn't know the brackets were supposed to be there and I didn't catch it until I was underneath the car with the J bolts in my hand!
I bought some repop brackets, had them welded in and my car has been waiting for a call from the bodyshop for the last 2 months now!

Also, my upholstery shop stripped the seats and found the front bench was too badly rusted to use. It took me a couple of months to find a replacement. They have the new core now.

I'm still waiting for my steering column....That reminds me to e-mail Jules.....

In addition my father's cancer has returned and my wife of 20 years has decided that being married to me isn't what she wants after all.... ......the upshot is that I haven't been focusing on the car for the last few months. This season's just about done anyway so I will endeavor to have it on the road in the spring.

Sorry for the downer of a post guys. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Cheers,
Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]