Quote:

Looks great Do have a question though. you mention it being a race car. Why a power steering chuck instead of a manual? No flames, just curious

Fair question. Early in the build I decided not to modify the car in terms of adding and deleting options. It's actually been a bit of a hard thing to stick to at times. Some of the things I considered;

- manual brakes. Car is coded for power disks

- power steering. That doesn't show up on the Lynch Rd. fender tag, but there was a power steering box in place when I bought the car. Looks original, but who knows

- torque boxes. Like most '70 440-6 autos, this car never had factory torque boxes. I had the urge to add them, but after some reflection decided I didn't need them for the traction-limited classes I intend to run.

- radio delete. Again, not on the Lynch Rd. fender tag, but there was a factory hole in the fender for an antenna. This one I probably would have done except the radio "delete" woodgrain plate I bought doesn't match the repop woodgrain dash.

There are a lot of purpose built cars and clones in Pure Stock and I wanted this one to be a little more true to how it was built. I have no illusions of being anywhere near the top runners anyway; just looks like a fun thing to do. I just need it to run strong enough so I don't embarrass myself!

Cheers,
Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]