I know this is pretty vague, but I am trying to piece together a combo to go in my Dart.

Rough plan:
~3000lb A Body
G3 Hemi
Holley EFI
T6 frame turbo (S480?) or smaller twins
turbo cam
E85
Powerglide
9" w/ low 3.xx gears (once the 8 3/4 lets go)
275/60 tire

Ultimately, I'd like to be solidly in the 9's.

Doing some reading, it appears that a stock 5.7 or a prepared factory shortblock will not support much. 6.1 would handle more, but they aren't exactly common.

It would make the most sense to get a complete take-out, so I have all of the supporting pieces. I could then upgrade the 5.7 shortblock, and it should support a fair amount of power from what I gather. If I am upgrading the rotating assembly anyway, is an early 5.7 or Eagle preferred? Rod and pistons are a no brainer. good gaskets and head studs, call up someone for a cam. What other upgrades would I need, and how much power would it support?

I now see the hellcat shortblock is available, but I don't know how much would fit if I had a 5.7 donor.

I have nothing so far, aside from the tired LA the hemi will be replacing, but I'd like to try to be smart about it. Knowing what I am after, I won't even bother with a stock engine and risk driving over the crank.

Any input or links to other builds would be appreciated.

Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

71 Swinger - slowly collecting dust/parts
66 Belv. II - just a streetcar
88 Mustang - turbo LS beater