So, I think I may in the market for an SUV. Reason being is I have hip problems and after a workout or if I sit in my car for too long my hip starts to get irritated and can bother me. Regardless of working out, generally if I'm driving for more than an hour, my hip starts to get irritated. It really doesn't like it when my quad has less than a 90 degree angle relative to my torso or if my knee is above my hip crease. So, I was thinking having a vehicle where I am able to sit higher up and as I would normally would be better for me than sitting lower in a car.

My current daily driver is a 2011 Scion tC. It gets about 24-25 mpg in 75% of traffic driving with a 6-speed manual. I only drive about 12k miles a year. It has scrapes, dents, door dings, rock chips, etc. So, I don't really expect getting more than $6-7k for it off of CL. I'm also just tired of this vehicle, despite being mechanically reliable, and just want an upgrade of sorts.

A kind of vehicle I'm looking for is an SUV that would allow me to sit comfortably, not humongous in size that it's difficult to maneuver in parking in lots in SoCal (a Quad Cab '15 Ram 1500 was a little too big for me), have the capability of towing the Dart in the future, and may have the capability to camp or go off-roading in the future (not as important).

I've done the calculations and I can't afford a brand new vehicle. Between payments and the extra gas, it will screw up my budget and I won't be able to afford to make a very important purchase years down the line. That being said, my budget will probably be around $10k or less as I can still afford paying the extra $100/month in gas. I prefer Chrysler vehicles because that's what I know and love. Right now a low mileage (<100k) 10-ish year old Durango, Grand Cherokee, or Commander look like my best options. The Durango has the size and capability to tow the Dart with ease, the Grand Cherokee is a little nicer and has some off-road capability while still having room for people, and the Commander is small but seems to still be capable to tow the Dart and off-road quite well. Right now I'm leaning more toward the Commander.

I know the 4.7L engines can be hit or miss depending on how they were serviced and if there was documentation supporting that. That being said, I'd probably shoot for a 5.7L Hemi in any of these 3 options. I'm not really interested in a V6.

What are your thoughts on these 3 options? Is there another option you think I can look into that I haven't thought of before?