If you are worried about offending the purists on a street rod / hot rod site,....this might not be the right place, but I understand what you are saying. I just went through kind of the same thing as I have a very nice 2 door wagon that I am going to re-engine etc, and the first engine I purchased was a non-mopar that had a nice looking cast aluminum engine plaque on the FI intake plenum , so I machined off the manufacture name and mounted some excellent mopar engine badges on it in a tongue in cheek effort to try and trick the experts, ....would have been fun. Subterfuge and deception is always great!

Sanity, some cash available, and a cheap Dakota changed that plan, but it's funny, it is OK to re-engine (but not the original size engine) but only with same make (but original make). Kina nuts.

So this is what I would do, a box is a box, all the same, the only thing that is different is the tailgate. Use the Stude box, find a Dodge tailgate and use it or modify the Stude tailgate to insert the Dodge logo part! Win / win!
up

Last edited by Old Ray; 02/20/17 08:33 PM.