I know many of you have dealt with this already, and I'm finally there. My Wife and I usually have a 10 year old Dakota, and another 10 year old front scratcher for dailies. Haven't had a car payment in over 12 years. Then we have the 1 ton, and the 67 Belvedere for back-ups.

My oldest daughter just killed her car, and she's been using our 99 Sebring. After 6 years and 75K I'm so tired of that car I want the daughter to just keep it.

So I start looking at LX stuff, first at reasonably priced ten year old cars, but then at nice performance based models. As fate would have it I found my dream car, in the right color, but even used it's expensive, and I'd have to sell the Belvedere and convince the wife I was replacing both our daily, and one of the hot rods to pull it off. I like having a healthy bit of scratch to throw at my toys and a car payment would cut into that.

Or I buy a 6k car and keep improving the 67 Belvedere.

What scares me is I see guys get a hard running LX, and then ALL their old stuff just sits after that!

348hrd-150900-faces-of-drag-week-2015-racers-portraits - Copy.jpgWe're All Mad Here.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines