Moparx, Thank you for the compliments, and for the thought of moving the firewall forward, its something I never would have thought of.

Any firewall modification would be under the hood, so unless there is a length problem with the motor, that is a real possibility! The truck was designed for an inline 6, so installing a V8 should give me at least a couple of inches to play with. if need be, I can probably add a couple inches between the grill pieces and the hood. A few inches extra inside that cab would make a huge improvement in the comfort zone.

I could set the cab back on the frame a few inches, that would effectively move the steering wheel forward inside of the cab. I have big truck fenders with large wheel openings, so if I use the fenders, I will need to fill some of the wheel openings anyway, shifting the wheel opening towards the front of the fender shouldn't be too big of an issue, as long as I don't get carried away. I've done that on several cars & trucks in the past.

Great food for thought. Keep those thoughts coming, everything is in the planning stages right now. Everything is open to modification, at least until I actually have to transfer those ideas to steel, and have to stuff all that stuff into the limited space under the sheet metal. Eh, its only metal, I have a welder and cutting tools, I can put anything any place I want. Some things may be more difficult, and some things might be ugly, but by golly, I can put it there! LOL! Gene