Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA
V02 was an option from the start of the model year on factory cars.

Bodies in white delivered to racers had no codes assigned.

I would be very surprised if Sam or anyone from Autodynamics knew anything about factory option codes back then.

I agree. Sam and Autodynamics had no knowledge of option codes or even colors. The cars were delivered with no codes. But that did not preclude the fact that Chrysler still had to live by SCCA rules with these cars. That is why Sam was surprised by the sublime green when he set eyes on it. That is why he was able to just say paint the roof black without even thinking about option codes. However, because he painted his roof black, Chrysler had to make that color code option available to the general public for any T/A cars. The T/A cars and the AAR cars both had their own spec sheet in which dealers could order from. Kind of a custom menu. It even deleted a lot of the colors in which you could by a regular Cuda or Challenger. So yes, Sam and Autodynamice new nothing about this stuff, but Chrysler, who was the actual owner and sponser of the cars they provided had to abide by the SCCA rules. My source is Mr Harkness, who actually worked on the T/A car back in 1969 and 70. I am just trying to capture historical facts of how these cars were ordered and why T/A have V02 and AAR do not. And I think the reason there were so few V02 T/A cars was that it was a very local decision to paint the top, Chrysler added the V02 code to the T/A custom order sheet and the local dealer saw how cool the car looked and order a couple to sell. As stated, my V02 car is a local car as I am aware of the previous 2 owners. The other V02 I know of is only down in New York and it is plum crazy with a white painted top. That car could very well have come from Massachusetts as well and moved to New York.