Originally Posted By 69Cuda340S
Quote:
Just a little something I have learned about a 69 hood,a dart sport hood is a bolt on and can be spotted right away by the crumple zone.

Any '73 up Dart hood will bolt right on and look correct. I believe the braces under the hood are different.

A little more clarification on the hoods. I have a 73 Dart hood with no crumple zones and another with, and two rusted up 69s. The ribs are the same as far as I can tell and the 73s have the little bolt cutouts for the 69 scoops so my feeling they used the same ribs from 69 other than the adjusting pieces for the hinge and crumple zone latter in the year.? They will bolt on but have no adjustment unless you use the same year hood-hinges, 73-73 and 69-69 . I have a 68 and 69 fb trunk lid and see no difference except trim holes. 69s had two maybe three steering wheels, cheapo three spoke with holes and thin hard rubber band, second same spokes but wood looking band with ss strips around band, third was a rim blow type, not compleatly sure on that but what I heard. Also heard but not sure, the bumper guards on 69 (witch I have) where splayed out on the back but straight forward on the front. The guards I have now (4 out of 10) are made this way so??
69s S and Cudas have spring torque boxes in the rear, convertibles have rear and front. 440 engine has a unique driver side motor mount.

Last edited by cudaman1969; 12/24/16 12:49 AM.